Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in frigid Canada, and I’m set to move into a new apartment in a couple of weeks. I know that cold drafts are terribly dangerous for budgies!! I need some advice on how I can move Pinù and Gigi to their new home, which will inevitably involve a trip from house to car to new house. They’re in an 18x18x30 cage that I can just manage by myself. My plan is to cover the cage with a down sleeping bag and blankets, and get them in and out as quickly as possible. Is there anything else I should be doing? Is it terribly risky? I DO NOT want to expose them to cold at all, but I don’t know what else I can do if I’m to move them. I’ll be grateful for any advice!!

·
Administrator
57,347 Posts
Warm up the car BEFORE you take the cage out to it.
Wrapping the cage in a sleeping bag to transport it from your home to the car will be just fine.

How cold is it now where you are located?
I moved birds long distance in February (8 hours one way) during cold weather (although I don't know if it was quite as cold in the US states I was driving through as it is where you are located.

Long Distance Traveling with your Budgie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, that’s reassuring! I will definitely warm up the car first! Temps are up and down these days, but for example today it’s about -5 Celsius (equal to about 23 degrees). So, quite cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts