Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am moving home in two weeks. It isn't far, just a km or so down the road so transit of my birds will be a quick easy process.

However I am worried about the stress that I might cause my birds from increased activity from packing, strangers in the home, etc.

Is there anything I can do to make the process less impactful for them? Should I just cover part of their cage so they can hide and feel more secure?

Just a bit worried because they are still relatively new. The new home will have more sun and light and I have upgraded to a balcony so I can take their cage outside with me when I am chilling. It should be a better life for myself and my little family in the end.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
I have moved a couple of times with my birds, I covered them with a light cover until I moved everything out of their area and left them in the room while everything else in the house was moved. I moved the birds last, I put them all in their travel carriers and moved the flight cages all at once. I made sure not to change anything in the cages so when I put them back in their cages in the new house at least the cage was familiar.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you go full effort mode, you could move them around the house to give yourself time to totally clear out one room. So pack an entire room and have it ready to go, then let the movers take everything from it first, then move your budgies into the room as you know it'll be quiet.

Mine freak out whether they're in or out of the cage if any stranger comes into my room, I had an electrician working and they didn't like it one bit. Same when a new bed was put in the room. So now, whenever I know someone will be working in my room, I move them to a quiet and safe part of the house.

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
You've been given excellent advice! I hope everything with the move goes smoothly for you, Cassie and Luna!
Best wishes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts