Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i am thinking opaline
but i am terrible at genetics and that ( i have a couple of books from the 80's on budgie colors etc but can't find them right now)

but i counted at least 4 shades of green or blue on her little body
is that blue a dark factor?
or is she going to go teal green?
is the yellow suffused over her?

i have to get a good picture of captain cuttle outside while the weather is still pretty good to ask about him.. he's a yellow face but which one?

what do you all think?

vi

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you both

i am wondering however after this molt what color she is going to end up
as she really is motled with blues, yellow as well as light and dark green on her little body

well time will tell huh?

thank you both so much again

vi

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is opaline. Look under her wings to confirm her colour. If she has blue under the wings she is a type 2 yellow face blue, but if she has green or yellow she is a green. After her moult she will probably appear dark green

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is opaline. Look under her wings to confirm her colour. If she has blue under the wings she is a type 2 yellow face blue, but if she has green or yellow she is a green. After her moult she will probably appear dark green
thank you so much

vi

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
She is beautiful, Vi. :) I was also thinking type 2 because you can see some gradations on her chest. I'll be anxious to see her post-molt pic! :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
erica is going to be so excited
i thought i was looking at something a bit different then a normal dark green bird.....

she lives up to her name too
she is full of life

thank you so much

vi

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
She is a dark green opaline. I would wager she is about 3-4 months old as she appears to be going through an adult moult. This would explain her patchy colour, with varying shades as she will be slowly transitioning between a baby green colour and her adult green colour which will be deeper.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks dean
that is what erica said, she's about three months old
her and captain cuttle were born a day apart to different parents in mid june
so that's right on target
she is a very personable little bird, very lively and bouncy
her and captain cuttle have settled in enough to sing to each other and me too!

vi

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am glad they are getting along great now and are happy where they are at with you, vi. Their brothers and sisters are all going through their molting too. As a matter of fact every one is and I got feathers up to my nose, ugh. Hey by the way, I know this is not the section to ask but I will ask somewhere else but you will be the first. Vi told me to ask here if anyone would like to adopt one of my young budgies? They are only $10 to take one home. You heard it here first.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes i think so too
she's got a smattering of blue and yellow and green and overall she is dark green
i think (if i remember right) her mom is mostly yellow
but i believe her dad is green

·
Registered
128 Posts
Actually Mrs. Fezziwig's dad, Brady is kinda like a charcoal gray with a hint of olive green on his body with a yellow face. I will have to post a pic of him. Mrs. Fezziwig's mom, Daffy is mostly yellow with green and she is an opaline like her daughter. I will post both their pics here so you all can see the parents of Mrs. Fezziwig. Same thing goes with Captian Cuttle too unless he is on another thread.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Captain Cuttle's parents

Great they showed up! Now I will post Captain Cuttle's parents. The first pic is Solo his Dad. Sorry for the mess in Jewel's cage during the time of the babies, I try not to disturb them much and yes Captain Cuttle is one of the babies in the nest. Jewel is their mom in this pic. I also included another pic of Solo.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I will try and get better pic of Jewel and post her here. Feel free to name the mutations of these pairs if you want. I do want to know the names of mutations for them.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
these pictures are fantastic erica
really to get the names of the mutations, we would need to post in another thread just for that
vi

·
Registered
128 Posts
I will do just that so I don't take away your subject on Mrs. Fezziwig. The title of the new threads will have your 2 kids names in it like this, Mrs. Fezziwig' mom Daffy or Brady. At least you will know when you see their names in the title.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.