Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought my quarantined bird, Poseidon, in the room with my original bird, Athena.

Poseidon had a very messy face from his chop and my boyfriend tried putting in a bath for him. He escaped in a non bird proofed environment and has no flight skills. He collided with a lamp and slammed into our sliding door mirror a few times before falling to the floor. My boyfriend was able to scoop him up and put him in his cage.

Poseidon is now chirping along with Athena. He seems ok, no visible injuries but I want to look for signs of head trauma. What should I look for?

Also he sneezed a few times after his collisions. Not sure if that’s relevant or not.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Watch him closely for any sort of neurological problems such as being off balance or stumbling around, do not encourage any activity until you are sure that he does not have any injuries.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He seems ok. Not wobbling on his perches or anything. I have a feeling the room will have to be extra bird proofed for him while he learns to fly because he just hits anything in sight.

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.