Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I didn't even bother naming this new budgie until I got a confirmation on her/his sex as I've been caught out twice already :p
So, here s/he is :) Her/his face is yellow, and her/his body is actually purple - not blue like it looks in the photos, and his/her cheek patches are bright blue. Also, her/his wings look to me like they're dark grey - they're definitely not black.

So, mutation and sex please would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
You have a yellowface violet spangle. As for the sex, I'm not so sure. We need a clearer picture. I'm leaning towards female. :)

:juggle:

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
You have a yellowface violet spangle. As for the sex, I'm not so sure. We need a clearer picture. I'm leaning towards female. :)
I'm no expert, but I agree with yellow face spangle violet.

I think his wing markings will darken with the first molt.

Can you post a picture of his cere in natural light? It's hard to judge babies' genders. I'm leaning towards male, though. :p

Lindsey will know. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a proper camera, only my phone, but I'll definitely try to upload more this afternoon - hopefully Lindsey or someone can confirm gender! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some pictures in natural light - they show off his/her colouring much better too - s/he really is a pretty colour :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.