Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Linley is my little one on the left, who is going through his/her first molt and the blue feathers are being replaced with greenish ones. Percy is on the right. Any ideas as to what their mutations are? It isn't the best photo but they are busy birdies and aren't still for long. :rolleyes: Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Linley looks to be a yellowface sky blue, whilst Percy is a sky blue fullbody greywing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It looks like Linley is a double factor yellowface type II since it appears that the yellow is only spreading to the upper chest area. If his whole body is sea green once he's finished molting, then you have a single factor yellowface type II. On my computer screen, Percy appears to be a poorly marked sky blue clearwing (not a greywing since his cheek patches are a dark violet instead of a light greyish violet). I hope I helped! :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It looks like Linley is a double factor yellowface type II since it appears that the yellow is only spreading to the upper chest area. If his whole body is sea green once he's finished molting, then you have a single factor yellowface type II. On my computer screen, Percy appears to be a poorly marked sky blue clearwing (not a greywing since his cheek patches are a dark violet instead of a light greyish violet). I hope I helped! :)
Just curious as to what makes Percy poorly marked? :S p.s. he hasn't gone through his first molt yet ...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just curious as to what makes Percy poorly marked? :S p.s. he hasn't gone through his first molt yet ...
Poorly marked just means you couldn't enter him in a show. Clearwing budgies are supposed to have completely white/yellow wings with maybe very, very faint markings. :)
The first molt doesn't have as much an effect on other budgies as it does on yellow and goldenface budgies. I would say greywing except for the fact that the body colour isn't diluted enough to be greywing. I suppose Percy could be a fullbody colour greywing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Golly this mutation stuff is so confusing! The breeder called him a spangle. Whatever he is, he will always be my pretty little boy! :proud:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Golly this mutation stuff is so confusing! The breeder called him a spangle. Whatever he is, he will always be my pretty little boy! :proud:
Well he's definitely not a spangle, that's for sure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.