Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I think they are both light green greywings but Q is opaline and has a violet factor. Or I guess that is why his wing bars are darker. Their body color is the same it is just the grey tray is different.

Mom is lutino, dad is normal cobalt violet possibly DF. He was really intense blue violet.

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Im thinking your right with what you said and I am craving smores :).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello ...I'm thinking light green grey wing but Q is dark green grey wing.Father was a cobalt so could carry the dark factor.I don't see the violet on my system.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jerry, I don't see any violet either but was thinking that would explain the darker grey. The dark factor makes more sense though doesn't it. The father definitely has at least one violet factor so it is hard to tell if he is cobalt or violet sky. I think we will have to wait until after the first molt to tell anything for certain regarding dark factors. My other grey wings changed a lot after molting.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If by chance the father is a violet sky and the Lutino was masking a dark factor you could still have the same result.One thing for sure the babes are split for blue.The violet can be seen as early as 6 weeks even on my dark grey greens this is why I am saying I don't see it here on these.Next clutch could be a whole new ball game.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I agree with Jerry, Pea looks like a light green greywing and Q a dark green opaline greywing.

The shades of grey on a greywing can vary greatly from budgie to budgie depending on how much pigment is removed, but they are still all just greywings :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Lindsay, so the dark factor may not make the grey darker, just the body color? How can you tell if it is a dark factor instead of a violet factor? Here is a newer pic of them side by side. Their body color looks so similar to me. I only see the difference in their cheek patches, throat spots, and grey areas. I know Twist changed a lot with his first molt and he is a grey wing violet. His body color changed a lot so maybe they will look more obviously different to me after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.