Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is Lindy, he is the toughest and the sweetest too!

So I think Lindy is a green dilute but am unsure of course since this is such a difficult coloration.

Here is is with is sister Blue. I assume they both have violet as they had very pale violet siblings, a violet version of Lindy.

Here is Blue is all her bluey glory! I think she is a sky blue violet. Her breast feathers are almost striped sky blue and violet.

Here are Oliver (the 2nd sweetest), left, Alex, back, and Lindy all together with the flash. Lindy looks brighter here than in real life.

Because Oliver is also a sibling of Lindy and Blue, I think Oliver is a green normal with violet so he looks olive. His breeder named him Olive because she said she looked like a little olive as a nestling. (she also thought Oliver was a she).

I think Alex is a green normal with one dark factor, so medium green?

My next pic is Bell with a bad pic of Oliver but it shows the different greens. I think Bell is a light green dominant pied. Not sure what else. Her primaries are all solid yellow. She is a shade lighter than Alex and Oliver is slightly darker than Alex.

Finally, is little Pearl. I think she is a sky blue recessive pied opaline. Her black is more grey and maybe cinnamon?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I'm no expert, but I will say that Lindy is full bodied greywing. You might be right with the others. Lovely flock!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dries! They are so confusing in that group. The breeder thought maybe cinnamon too. I hear it is easier after their first molt too. They are just starting I think. Blue is rubbing her head like a little bear on one of the natural branches, it must feel good!

I am really curious about Pearl's faded wing markings. I just don't know enough at this point to tell. So many fun things to learn!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I don't think Pearl is a cinnamon - Cinnamon is more brown than grey. My guess is that it is just a skyblue RP.
Why don't you PM Lindsey to ask to have a look? She defenitely will have the answers!

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
I agree with Dries, Lindy is a greywing, perhaps light green greywing. I am not positive, but that is what my budgie Perry is, and he looks like your Lindy.:)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Abby I will give her a kiss for you :p! She is a really calm lovely hen too. Every one likes her best but Lindy and Oliver are the cuddle bugs.

Lindy's long tail feathers and flight feathers are growing in lavender/grey after his baby molt. I don't think a picture would come out though. Does the violet factor influence the greywing dilution factor? He is less brilliantly colored in real life than the photo.

I will PM Lindsey and ask for help too. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Me too Dries! I haven't seen any post by her in awhile so I am assuming she is off the forum for a bit. HOlidays and all! It doesn't really matter what their mutations are, they are lovely no matter what. It is just so much fun to know isn't it! Someday I will know!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I know that she was ill a few days ago. Maybe she not well and doesn't have the energy to "work" or maybe she is on holiday, like you said.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I know that you're not that interested in knowing your birds' mitations, but I'm using these threads to learn. I've ask Erin to have a look - she's also quite good at identifying mutations. There are a couple of others that's also good - wonder where are all these experts!!!

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Sorry guys, I have been really sick for almost 2 weeks an just got a chance to have a look :eek:

Lindy- violet green greywing.
Bluey- sky violet (probably df) normal
Alex- dark green normal
Bell- light green sf dominant pied.
Pearl- sky blue opaline recessive pied (not cinnamon)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks so much Lindsey! I was worried about you being gone so long. Even though I don't know you, your presence is large here and you were missed. I am glad you are feeling better! 2 weeks, whew, that is a long time to be sick!

I am going to guess that Oliver is a dark green violet normal. He is quite olive colored, darker than Alex, and is siblings with Blue and Lindy. That entire clutch was violet it seems. The 3 that didn't end up at my house were violet greywings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.