Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here, atlast, are photos of my friends awesome little guy, Boaz! I was wanting to know what mutation he is. His wings are all kinds of awesome!

Sorry they're a bit blurry, i only had my phoen to work with at my friends house.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Guess, new to this...

I just read up a lot about mutations, my guess is Opaline colbalt, possible greywing. I'm sorry that's all I can work out from the picture.:(:rolleyes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
ok, what makes him opaline, is it the body color on the wings?? I can't get that one right, or most others lol as for Color, I'm going with grey since his cheek patches look grey to me. I think they would be blue if cobalt or mauve.. Please tell me I got that part right,,, please.. I'm also going to say hes male..that way I know I got one part right...

·
Registered
936 Posts
yes it is the body colour in his wing markings, also the faded head barring that tells me he is opaline. im also leaning towards grey, im not sure which way it goes for being able to tell grey,mauve and cobalt with the cheek patches, i always forget (i should wright it down next time).

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is opaline grey. The grey is a colour adding factor and as it is very light shade it is probably added to sky blue

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
the other opaline trait that he shows is the bar/blotch of white on his long flight feathers. normals do not have that.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Lol!...

I just wrote two pages on mutations for the pure fun, and this was my first guess. I memorized the opaline part but the colors, eh. I want to learn more about mutations and breeding for the purpose of helping people (and for being a complete know-it-all :rolleyes: that would be me).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.