Sky blue grey wing

Fig

Normal Green

Im not 100% sure with the color green on Fig , he certintly is a cutie

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
You are right about Winter's mutation.

Fig's wing markings do look brownish but they are very dark for a cinnamon. When he moults his wing markings will darken more. Often an adult cinnamon has markings as dark as Figs but they are usually lighter when they are babies. Some normals have much darker wing markings than others. The shade of green is not quite the usual shade and his tail isn't quite the right colour for either a cinnamon or a normal. As you don't breed his mutation won't be proven by breeding. I'm sorry I can't be more decisive but I think he is cinnamon dark green (dark because the cinnamon lightens the colour). The pied spot on his head indicates that he is split for recessive pied.

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
You are right about Winter's mutation.

Fig's wing markings do look brownish but they are very dark for a cinnamon. When he moults his wing markings will darken more. Often an adult cinnamon has markings as dark as Figs but they are usually lighter when they are babies. Some normals have much darker wing markings than others. The shade of green is not quite the usual shade and his tail isn't quite the right colour for either a cinnamon or a normal. As you don't breed his mutation won't be proven by breeding. I'm sorry I can't be more decisive but I think he is cinnamon dark green (dark because the cinnamon lightens the colour). The pied spot on his head indicates that he is split for recessive pied.
Nev i actually understood what you just said! :D
yay me!

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Stacey and Nev!:) I knew I was seeing cinnamon.:) I love his little pied spots, but I wasn't sure which pied so thank you for clearing that up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.