Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought home two new babies on friday and I am wondering what their mutations because I am just learning? :eek:
I've looked at all of the pictures in the stickys and I think that the blue on is a spangle, right?:S
I have no idea what the green one is, he has almost an olive sheen to his stomach but it also seems to have tints of blue. His tail is also a deep deep blue, don't know if that helps at all.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
sky blue spangle
normal green mabey with a dark factor..not sure(cant see cinnamon)

they are beautiful..the blue looks like my Blue:D

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
First one is a Sky blue spangle, possibly a poorly coloured violet at that (has violet flushing around the neck)

Second one is a green . Both look to be males.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes he does has violet around his neck. The green one is not cinnamon I think because his wing color looks to be black. Also, how do you know if he is a greywing? He has grey on his wings not black, does that make him a greywing or is that just how a spangle looks?
Thanks

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Sky blue spangle (probably with a violet factor) - not greywing, spangles markings usually look greyish

Normal dark green male

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Woops, not sure what happened with my post. I meant to say normal green male. Somehow it just said "second one is a green"

·
Registered
480 Posts
wow you got some pretttyyy birds! i love the blueish/aquaish onee. super cutee. :)

sorry, don't know much about mutations either! :S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.