Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With Quarantine over - I am finally able to let my two new birds join the flock...

My **** bird has the most stunning blotches of yellow all over him, think he is a Grey Type II Yellowface...

My hen is the most delicate light blue colour,I think she is a opaline spangle sky blue dilute - she is going through a moult at the moment...

·
Budgie Fanaddict
1,885 Posts
Looks like a grey YFII greywing. I say YFII because of the bleeding of the yellow into the body by looking at the back. It could also be a goldenface because the yellow in the face is so bright. But I am not too sure about that.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Its a golden face greywing grey. To have yellow that strong on the face in spite of the greywings dilution effect means its goldenface. That and YF2 doesnt have patchy yellow like that - goldenface does.

The other one looks to be a spangle opaline dilute sky blue. Im a bit hesitant on the opaline as its very limited in its appearance, but since its a female it cant be split so i'll go with opaline.

·
Budgie Fanaddict
1,885 Posts
I missed the third picture! Both are stunning birds by the way. This second budgie looks like it might be an Australian White-wing but there are some markings on the sides of her wings so I don't think so. I don't see the opaline in her that you mentioned. But yes, I do see that her body color is diluted.

I don't know how that one all comes together! I know she is at least sky blue dilute. Do you have more photos of her?

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
She is an opaline... The photo hasn't picked up the pale blue and faint light black markings that are present in her wings... She is dilute, so it makes things a little harder to spot, and photograph for that matter... lol

Dean - looks like I have a little thing for Golden Face Birds, I kind of thought he was a Golden Face, cause his colouring was so bright, like Jesse!! He is super handsome, can't wait to what chicks he produces, I'm pairing with the Hen in this post...

Anyone want to guess what mutations they would produce?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Depends on the ****. He can only be greywing/greywing or greywing/dilute as a single greywing gene can still express if it is paired with dilute (greywing is dominant to dilute, so greywing expresses, dilute does not).

If he is greywing/greywing then you can roughly expect:

All opalines with some spangle opalines
All greywings split for dilute
Sky blues and greys
Goldenfaces and normals

If he is greywing / dilute then instead of all greywing chicks you would expect half to be dilute/dilute and half to be greywing/dilute.

*Edit - slight chance he is double factor goldenface. Its unlikely, but it will be easy to see because all chicks will be goldenface single factor if he is infact double factor.

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dean...

So that means that Jesse must be a DF Goldenface, cause all of his chicks have been goldenface too? The things you learn aye?!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
It is possible to be single factor and pass it on to every chick regardless of the fact there should only be a 50% chance. But if he has had a number of chicks or rounds that were all goldenface then i would wager he is double factor.

Double factor YF2 and goldenface are handy birds if you want more single factors.

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is possible to be single factor and pass it on to every chick regardless of the fact there should only be a 50% chance. But if he has had a number of chicks or rounds that were all goldenface then i would wager he is double factor.

Double factor YF2 and goldenface are handy birds if you want more single factors.
Jesse and Lamey have had 12 chicks - everyone of them have been Goldenfaces - so it looks like I'm a lucky lady, and have at least one double factor Goldenface... I'm crossing my fingers that Scooter is a double factor too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.