Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Queen of Hats
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone could help me with the mutations of my new fids, I know about as much about mutations as I know about nuclear physics :eek:

The blue and white one is Luna, a female. She was the one I got from the rescue just before Fudgie died :(

The green one Daniel got from the rescue on Monday, I haven't named him yet.

Sorry the pics are so bad, I leave and return home in the dark at the moment, so I couldn't get any in natural light.

If it helps, the boy doesn't have iris rings. He doesn't have baby bars either so maybe that has something to do with his mutation... though he does look young :S I have no idea how old they are.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Luna is a Cobalt Spangle and the green boy looks to be a Green Opaline, the reason he doesn't have iris rings is probably because he looks quite young still.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Gorgeous Pairs thats for sure.

Have to agree with Jen Luna is a Cobalt/skyblue spangle and Daniel is a Light Green Opaline.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I think the boy is a Sky Blue Yellow Face Type II Opaline. If you lift up his wings, is it blue underneath? If it is, then it is a YF Type II. If not, then he is Green.

I think the reason he does not have Iris Rings is because he is split for Recessive Pied (or something like that). :rolleyes:

Luna does look like a Sky Blue Spangle, but could be Cobalt because you used a flash. Is there a purple shine on her neck? I think she could be split to Violet.

To be honest, I am not good with mutations at all. I just like giving it a go to see if I come close to getting it right. :eek:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Luna is a sky blue spangle and she appears to have a violet factor unless it is just a camera effect

The green bird looks like an opaline light green but as Kelsey says check under his wings in case he is a type 2 yellow face sky blue that has turned green. He will probably develop iris rings when he gets older

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
your blue spangle looks like blue
and the opaline could be phoenix's twin:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.