Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone !

I currently have a clutch of 6 chicks .
The parents are Grey-Green TCB (Male) and Blue series Lacewing (Female).

They seem to have thrown 3 oddly coloured chicks which seem to be greywings/clearwings/dilutes . These mutations always seem to confuse me so any inputs are welcome.

Here are the three . The only thing I'm sure about is that the middle chick is Opaline and a female.

These are the other 3 for comparison who are normal TCB's as expected.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't know anything about mutations, but I am a budgie pix fan lol :) I could not help looking at their pix, how beautiful they are. Wow they had 6 babies, it is great they had energy to take care of 6 babies.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love the grey one and pale yellow are lovely too. However I have been wanting a white one for several years...

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
these chicks are beautiful!

Both parents could be split for greywing, which would explain the chicks. (I had a pair that were both split, and I didn't know until their third clutch!)

Since Greywing also dilutes the body colour, that would explain the lighter colouration as well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know anything about mutations, but I am a budgie pix fan lol :) I could not help looking at their pix, how beautiful they are. Wow they had 6 babies, it is great they had energy to take care of 6 babies.
Thank you !
They are very good parents. :)

I love the grey one and pale yellow are lovely too. However I have been wanting a white one for several years...

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
The grey is my favourite too :)

these chicks are beautiful!

Both parents could be split for greywing, which would explain the chicks. (I had a pair that were both split, and I didn't know until their third clutch!)

Since Greywing also dilutes the body colour, that would explain the lighter colouration as well.
So you feel they are greywings ?

Are the markings brownish? It is possible they are Cinnamon TCB.
No, no brown at all .
Their markings are definitely grey. The suspected greywings are smaller than the TCB's.
The greywing , grey and TCB combined are quite confusing to me :/ .

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
No, no brown at all .
Their markings are definitely grey. The suspected greywings are smaller than the TCB's.
The greywing , grey and TCB combined are quite confusing to me :/ .
I don't know enough about TCB to know what a TCB Greywing looks like, but it must be hard to be sure as TCB have grey markings and reduced body colour to start with? Perhaps you just have some with paler than ideal markings? Or you just have the lucky/unluck to have picked parents both split for Greywing or Clearwing?

I guess the only way to be sure will be if you breed that parents to another pair or breed from the chicks in the future.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know enough about TCB to know what a TCB Greywing looks like, but it must be hard to be sure as TCB have grey markings and reduced body colour to start with? Perhaps you just have some with paler than ideal markings? Or you just have the lucky/unluck to have picked parents both split for Greywing or Clearwing?

I guess the only way to be sure will be if you breed that parents to another pair or breed from the chicks in the future.
Hmm , I will be keeping 2 or 3 males from this clutch to breed in the future. I guess I will find out then.

The greywings are very pretty to look at but I don't like mixing it with TCB and Lacewing .

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, it seems a shame to detract from what are such lovely varieties!
I've noticed that the greywings are smaller than the TCBs.
Less fluffier :giggle: .
They seem to have taken after their mother who is a pet type.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.