Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! :D

I thought I knew what my youngest one, Alfie, is but now I'm not too sure. I believed him to be a normal grey but he seems blue-ish grey now, as he's getting older. Alfie is 14 weeks and 3 days old.

The breeder showed me his parents, the hen's a grey green and the **** is a dark green. He also said the **** is one of his top prize winners at shows :eek:

Soooo I thought I'd ask people on here what they think his mutation is, I have photos of him from 9 weeks old up until a week ago but I can get a photo of him today if that will help.

Also if someone could explain how you'd get a white faced grey budgie from a grey green hen and dark green **** then please explain :D It confuses me especially as I saw his older siblings from a previous lot and they were all green's lol.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I have determined his exact mutation for you; Adorable! =D

Love him, what a cutie pie.
:iagree:

You may find he changes after his full moult, I had one (Buddy) who I thought was a grey, and moulted in to a lovely Mauve. Her parents were an Olive hen and Colbalt cockbird. I think the only way you got him being a whiteface is one of his parents must have been split.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your bird is a normal grey.

Grey is a colour adding factor. In this bird the grey is probably added to sky blue which is why he is so light.

Two green series birds that are both split for blue will produce about 25% blue series birds

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
his cheek patches are navy blue not silvery Grey wouldn't that make him Mauve and not Grey? All of my Greys have silver-Grey cheek patches

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
greys have either grey or blue cheek patches and black tails. mauves have violet cheek patches and blue tails... hes a grey nornmal.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
his cheek patches are navy blue not silvery Grey wouldn't that make him Mauve and not Grey? All of my Greys have silver-Grey cheek patches
My first ever budgie was a normal grey, he had blue cheek patches, and he passed away at around 5 years old :( which is why I wanted another grey, too sentimental me lol.

Here's Coco, my first ever budgie:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.