Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what this mutation would be?
The belly is the same solid yellow (not a pied). There is a definite wing pattern (spangle, opaline or greywing?) and the tail and flight feathers have a distinct grayish color to them. The cheek patches are white. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
what a cute baby :)..

a candidate for Striders friend to be search? :)..

hope someone comes along real soon to tell you his? muation..

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
this is totally a wild guess but mabey (MABEY) its a green clear flight dilute??
well i had a go!:p

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Is it moulting? Colour looks half adult and half baby lol, around the 3 month/4 month mark?

The flash is altering the colouration on the chest, but it looks to be either a olive greywing or a light green grey-green grewying. I would think olive is more likely.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My guess is 3-4 months. The baby bars are not down to the cere, but it still appears young. My guess is that it is just starting/finishing a molt, but I am not sure. The picture in the first post is with no flash; front picture is with a flash.

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
I know nothing about mutations but I know how difficult it is to get a good photo of a yellow budgie lol! Is this little doll going to join your flock Robin?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It could be a greywing olive or grey green as Dean has suggested but the colour doesn't look quite right to me. Possibly the greywing is combined with cinnamon. The only other posibility would be a dilute. The wing pattern is definately not spangle or opaline.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Im with you on that nev. I posted a private message after my original post because i thought the colour wasnt quite right either, thinking perhaps there was some additional dilution - likely due to cinnamon. It could just be the light colouration that chicks have, and the fact its half moulted but i suspect it is a cinnamon greywing olive green.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The new pictures make it look like cinnamon greywing is the correct mutation but the differences are so slight that the only way to be absolutely sure would be by test breeding

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The new pictures make it look like cinnamon greywing is the correct mutation but the differences are so slight that the only way to be absolutely sure would be by test breeding
Thanks, Nev - there will be no 'test breeding' going on in this household if I can help it! :eek: :eek:

Hopefully, the two new birds I've picked out are both males. Otherwise, Strider will be even happier than I think he will be once quarantine is over! :laughing:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.