Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can you please tell me what mutation my beautiful Lola is exactly.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Yep, Very beautiful light green, spangle. But a few more pictures would help. :)

It is always advisable to post at least three pictures (Front, back and top) of the bird while confirming the mutation. Check my picture.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
She is so beautiful!! She could possibly be light green opaline spangle? It's kind of hard to tell though... she is stunning though :loveeyes:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your replies, I will upload some more pics of her front and back as soon as i can (my computer is on dial up at the moment and takes FOREVER to load anything :rolleyes:) I thought she was spangle but was wondering if she was cinnamon as her markings are fairly light? Sorry new to all the mutations still trying to get my head around whats what :eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok here are front and back pic :)

She is paired up with a skyblue yellowface Type 1 opaline ****. I saw them mating yesterday so im sure there will be some cute little bubs soon :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
yep, a gorgeous light green spangle(not sure if opaline, but dont think so)

could you possibly post a pic of her mate? i would live to see him :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Here is a picture of her mate (taken the day i got him, not the best pic sorry)

·
Registered
96 Posts
The **** is opaline, the hen is not.

Her markings do look a little brown, but it is hard to tell from the photos. Do they look brown or grey to you, in real life?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Budgiedin. I know the **** is definately opaline, but i didnt think the hen was, and her markings look brown in real life.

Thanks nev90, i thought she was but im still learning about the mutations so wasnt 100% sure

Does anyone know what the offspring of these 2 could possibly be?? :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you know whether the hen could be split to blue?

If not, you will get all light green chicks.
50% should be spangle.
All the hen chicks will be opaline, all the male chicks will be split to opaline.
All the males will be split to cinnamon, but if the **** should happen to be split for cinnamon, then you could get some visual cinnamons, both boys and girls.
If the hen IS split to blue, then you could get some yf2 chicks, or some sky blue chicks, depending on whether the **** is a single or double factor yf2.

I love spangles, I hope you get some!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.