Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I'm just throwing this out there... dark green opaline recessive pied? I have no idea though... I'm sure someone will come along who can tell you for sure :)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I think she's an opaline dominant pied. I have had chicks from a dom pied parent that come out looking like clearflight pieds (like your bird). She's just poorly marked for a dom. pied.

I can't tell if she's dark green or olive. Mom looks cobalt and dad looks like a greywing, not a dilute, but I'm rubbish at figuring body colors on greywings and dilutes.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Esther...I'm going to say Opaline Dark Green Clearflight Dom Pied hen.Actually I believe the correct name is Australian Yellow-flighted Dark green...a form of Dom pied.Tail not yellow and no head patch chest with no blotching.The other form is the same except tail would be yellow and also a yellow head patch and no blotching on the chest.Actually this is a good example of this variety.I have also produced these from my banded pieds which I believe your hen is also.The Opaline is coming from the male.

Regards Jerry

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
The dad looks like a dark green greywing, and the mom a cobalt violet dominant pied.

The chick is a dark green violet or olive opaline poorly marked dominant pied :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.