Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
WOW! Im sorry I may not be able to help.
This is an unusual mutation to me.
Im excited to learn mutation aswell

YF Clear wing, grey Violet factor?? :S :S :S

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
WOW! Im sorry I may not be able to help.
This is an unusual mutation to me.
Im excited to learn mutation aswell

YF Clear wing, grey Violet factor?? :S :S :S

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Spangle always make it tricky to determine colouring that may be identified by the tail or cheek patches.

Looks to be a Yellow Face spangle mauve. Could be a violet grey, but Im leaning towards mauve.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I dont know his mutation but i can sure tell you that he is a STUNNING bird.

I am sure that some of our resident experts will chime in though :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would have to agree with dean. This bird is a spangle yellow face type 2 mauve. Spangle is when the markings are on the outside of the birds wing feather instead f being colored on the inside. This mutation is dominant meaning when bred with a normal 50% of the chicks will be spangle. Yellow face type two means the yellow in the face go through the wing and tail as well. Mauve is a blue bird that has two dark factors. A bird with 0 dark factors is sky blue a bird with 1 dark factor is cobalt and a bird with 2 dark factors is mauve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would have to agree with dean. This bird is a spangle yellow face type 2 mauve. Spangle is when the markings are on the outside of the birds wing feather instead f being colored on the inside. This mutation is dominant meaning when bred with a normal 50% of the chicks will be spangle. Yellow face type two means the yellow in the face go through the wing and tail as well. Mauve is a blue bird that has two dark factors. A bird with 0 dark factors is sky blue a bird with 1 dark factor is cobalt and a bird with 2 dark factors is mauve.
thank you so much Bridget for heping me and i think i get it now
and meny thanks for all replays
Teegzy
Guthwulf
alkindiJK
thank you so much:budgie:

·
Registered
399 Posts
At first i thought that this was your bird, but then i realised you were just trying to know it's mutation so you can get one like it ;) But it is a beautiful bird anyways!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.