Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I'm just curious to know whether the green chick in the pictures is a cinnamon . I know the other 3 are opaline blues . This little guy's feathers are slightly brownish when compared to the others as well as the parents . The colouring isn't as light as my fully grown cinnamon female so I'm a bit confused .

The dad is a normal light green and mom is an opaline sky blue ; so I was quite surprised that I didn't get any normals at all . If I am right ,for the baby to be cinnamon from this pairing the **** would have to be split for it whereas the hen can't be split for a sex-linked gene ? :S
Wow this means hes split to blue , opaline and cinnamon.

And sorry for the poor quality of pics , i lost my camera's usb cable and had to use my phone's camera :eek: .

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Vinay....Yup you have it right...Wow this means hes split to blue , opaline and cinnamon...If in fact the green is cinnamon(will be a hen) but I don't see it in these pic's.The grain is so heavy.Can you try to get a better pic of the green...
Regards Jerry

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Better photos would help. But I'm inclined to say this is a normal bird. My green birds' markings are a bit paler than my blue birds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.