Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok you guys told me, I forgot and could you please tell me one last time? I'll print this one.

Also 'his' cere is changing and looks almost female, so can you tell me sex, MOST of these are w/o flash.

More pics on next post :)

And thanks tons!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Some of these look female and some look male :(

In real life 3 wks ago he looked male, but now his cere is purplich blue and has white around his nostrils like a hen. ( So I now think 'he' is a her. )

Also he was aged at 3 months 3 wks ago, but he has a light grey iris.

Help! Thanks!!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are better. I'm just confused cuz she looked male 3 wks ago and now... But maybe that's nutritionally related as well. Where the light blue is it's more of a white color. Thanx!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
972 Posts
Wow, he/she looks so much better now! Great job taking care of the little one!

I can't tell either, some pictures look female and others look male....only time will tell I guess :p

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
YF2 opaline sky blue. Still suspect violet as the colour is a bit deep for standard sky blue, can i have a picture or the tail? Top view and under view would help :)

Im leaning towards hen at this point.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Yellow face opaline cobalt female (could possibly be violet sky but I doubt it)

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Dean - hope these help! Hard to tell in pics, but she does have violet in her body feathers. Don't know if that helps or not.

Attachments

·
Budgie Adorer
689 Posts
Female to me, I can't really tell by looking at the cere, the shape of the head gives it away for me. Looks like a violet sky blue yf opaline to me.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Missing the two primary tail feathers which are the definitive judgement of colour, but going by the secondary tail feathers I would say they are sky blue variety.

So unless or until I see the primary tail feathers, I will say violet sky blue. Bit of a toss-up really, as I said before colouration is far too deep a blue to be standard sky blue. So as Nev says, it will either be a cobalt or a SF violet sky blue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.