Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is dad. In a previous thread people disagree on the mutation of this bird. So I ask again for help.

GreenCin.jpg
He was paired with a lutino. The have 5 chicks: 2 cinnamon greens and 2 green spangles and then this one.
IMG-20120314-00087.jpg
IMG-20120314-00086.jpg
IMG-20120314-00084.jpg

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I remember this little guy! Did you ever get to take some more clear pics from different angles? I think that was what we were waiting on :) The dad looks like a grey green dilute spangle to me in those pics, I cant remember what everyone was thinking he was?

The chick looks like diluted spangle too, maybe a grey green cinnamon spangle? I cant see them very clearly but it looks like the chick has a bit of lavender in the cheek patches is that right or no? And does it have pied markings or is that just the lighting?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't mention anything about cinnamon in the dad. I don't think that the lutino hen is masking the cinnamon, because her dad was violet cobalt and the mum was green RP. But anything is possible.
I wish I could take better pics, but that's impossible with this stupid BB.
I have to add that one of the green spangles has a pied spot at the back of its head - will take a pic and post it. That one is really a good looking bird - for me at least.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
The male could be a cinnamon and i just cant see it, or i figured he is just split for it. since cinnamon is sex linked it wouldn't matter if the hen was cinnamon or not in having cinnamon chicks :) but in this case it is impossible for her to be a cinnamon and Ino without being a visual lacewing ;) Ino can't mask cinnamon thus the lacewing mutation :)

I agree the chick is georgeous either way! :) some more pics of them would be helpful :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spangle

Here is another baby from this clutch - a green spangle. I like this bird very much and I think it is a male - if it was female I would like to keep it. I have enough males and I want to get rid of all my pet type males.
Does the bold spot means that he is also split RP?
Spangle%204.jpg

Spangle%203.jpg

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
The pics are blurry and i have no idea, but could the chick be a DF spangle? Lutino can mask spangle....just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
562 Posts
No idea. Have to research the different types of colors/mutations. Yellow bird is cute though, looks like Tweety hehe :budge:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pics are blurry and i have no idea, but could the chick be a DF spangle? Lutino can mask spangle....just throwing it out there.
I wish it was, but no the lutino's parents are not spangles.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The photos are not clear enough to be sure about anything but as far as I can see the dad & the chick look like they could both be cinnamon dilutes. As you got spangle chicks in the same clutch either the lutino hen is masking spangle or the **** bird must be spangle as well as his other mutations.
None of the chicks could be both cinnamon & male unless the hen is either a lacewing dilute or a lacewing spangle that looks like a lutino.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.