Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is dad. In a previous thread people disagree on the mutation of this bird. So I ask again for help.

Bird Beak Parrot Feather Wing
He was paired with a lutino. The have 5 chicks: 2 cinnamon greens and 2 green spangles and then this one.
Rodent Fawn Whiskers Tail Electric blue
Bird Beak Feather Canary Songbird
Bird Eye Vertebrate Blue Beak

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I remember this little guy! Did you ever get to take some more clear pics from different angles? I think that was what we were waiting on :) The dad looks like a grey green dilute spangle to me in those pics, I cant remember what everyone was thinking he was?

The chick looks like diluted spangle too, maybe a grey green cinnamon spangle? I cant see them very clearly but it looks like the chick has a bit of lavender in the cheek patches is that right or no? And does it have pied markings or is that just the lighting?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't mention anything about cinnamon in the dad. I don't think that the lutino hen is masking the cinnamon, because her dad was violet cobalt and the mum was green RP. But anything is possible.
I wish I could take better pics, but that's impossible with this stupid BB.
I have to add that one of the green spangles has a pied spot at the back of its head - will take a pic and post it. That one is really a good looking bird - for me at least.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
The male could be a cinnamon and i just cant see it, or i figured he is just split for it. since cinnamon is sex linked it wouldn't matter if the hen was cinnamon or not in having cinnamon chicks :) but in this case it is impossible for her to be a cinnamon and Ino without being a visual lacewing ;) Ino can't mask cinnamon thus the lacewing mutation :)

I agree the chick is georgeous either way! :) some more pics of them would be helpful :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spangle

Here is another baby from this clutch - a green spangle. I like this bird very much and I think it is a male - if it was female I would like to keep it. I have enough males and I want to get rid of all my pet type males.
Does the bold spot means that he is also split RP?
Bird Beak Parrot Pet supply Bird supply

Bird Plant Parrot Tree Beak

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
The pics are blurry and i have no idea, but could the chick be a DF spangle? Lutino can mask spangle....just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
562 Posts
No idea. Have to research the different types of colors/mutations. Yellow bird is cute though, looks like Tweety hehe :budge:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pics are blurry and i have no idea, but could the chick be a DF spangle? Lutino can mask spangle....just throwing it out there.
I wish it was, but no the lutino's parents are not spangles.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The photos are not clear enough to be sure about anything but as far as I can see the dad & the chick look like they could both be cinnamon dilutes. As you got spangle chicks in the same clutch either the lutino hen is masking spangle or the **** bird must be spangle as well as his other mutations.
None of the chicks could be both cinnamon & male unless the hen is either a lacewing dilute or a lacewing spangle that looks like a lutino.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.