Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
I don't know but I just wanted to let you know that the picture is wonderful ans your bird is absolutely gorgeous

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It is a yellow face opaline. I'm not sure about the cause of the bright flecking but it gives a very pretty effect. It might be caused by a violet or a grey factor. It could possibly have factors for both violet and grey. If is carrying either of these factors it may not a true mauve it could just appear mauve because the added factors have darkened a lighter shade of blue. The colour will probably even out after it moults

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
A single factor violet parent would pass the violet gene to about 50% of it's chicks. A double factor violet parent would pass violet to all it's chicks as single factor

A picture of this birds parents would be interesting if you are able to post one

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a pic of the parents of the bird above The hen Royalty is a violate opaline with cinnamon wings. The **** Willow is a yellow face type2 dark sky blue.

These are the birds siblings

This is Willow's parents. The hen Storm is a mauve opaline and the **** Ozzy is a bright green dilute.

This is a pic of the Ozzy's parents. The hen Lime is a olive dilute and the **** Tweedy is a yellow clear wing clear flight with a patch of green on his belly.

I hope this is enough pic info for you. Hahaha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.