Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what he/she is? I've never seen one like this but I was hooked as soon as I laid eyes on him/her!!! I can't wait to get him/her home. I've named him/her Opal:)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I would say Opal is a very beautiful mutation! lol

I am no help at all on mutations, but I did want to say she is beautiful!

Lisa

·
Registered
831 Posts
I want to guess sky blue greywing or dilute sky blue greywing (if there's such thing :giggle:)! I'm no good at mutations though so don't listen to me :rolleyes:. I agree with Lisa, what a beautiful mutation, whatever it is!!

EDIT: On closer inspection of the photo.. is his/her foot okay? I've never seen a toe bent like that! But maybe I'm just crazy :S.

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I want to guess sky blue greywing or dilute sky blue greywing (if there's such thing :giggle:)! I'm no good at mutations though so don't listen to me :rolleyes:. I agree with Lisa, what a beautiful mutation, whatever it is!!
Either dilute or greywing; not both. :) Greywings can be half or full body color. http://www.***************/colorsguide.html#dilution

EDIT: On closer inspection of the photo.. is his/her foot okay? I've never seen a toe bent like that! But maybe I'm just crazy :S.
I think it's just the way she's standing.

As for mutation, I'll say sky blue or cobalt greywing.

But let's wait for Nev to come along ...

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
is his/her foot okay? I've never seen a toe bent like that! But maybe I'm just crazy :S.
The baby looks very young too not even weaned yet... they are much more flexible at that age and bend in all sorts of directions ;)

And I agree, a greywing skyblue... or maybe even dilute I am awful at knowing what a dilute looks like :p

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I have a cobalt dilute whose body color is much paler than that baby.

I think the baby's blue color will darken at first molt. Won't it?

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks so much everyone!!!

I did see it's foot as well but I have cuddled Opal and it is really ok in person:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.