Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can anyone tell me what mutation alice aka lemon is?

also can you tell if she is a baby, i think she is but not to sure

alice head shot

alice full body

thankyou in advance

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Im not to sure but to me she looks like a Clearflight Pied - dominant i am still learning i hope i am right someone else may know more.

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
She's recessive pied and I think she's dark green. You can confirm the shade of green (dark factors) here: http://www.***************/colorsguide.html#darkfactor.

I'm guessing she's under 6 months old because I see some unmolted baby bars. Best to wait for experts' opinions, though.

Please remove the plastic perches and replace them with wood and/or cloth (Booda Comfy) perches. Plastic causes injuries to budgies' feet.

You have a lovely flock. :)

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
I'm guessing she's under 6 months old because I see some unmolted baby bars. Best to wait for experts' opinions, though.
Recessive pied's often have this trimming through the head feathers. They appear to be baby bars, but they are actually just a 'trim' along the ends of the feathers. It is often through the blow and backskull. I guess this is related to spangles a bit, as spangles are a form of pied. However, it is a much thinner line then spangles, and it is on the edge of the feather, whereas with spangles the black is not on the edge. Below is a picture of one of my birds with it. She is opaline as well, excuse the bit of flecking through her cap.

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Recessive pied's often have this trimming through the head feathers. They appear to be baby bars, but they are actually just a 'trim' along the ends of the feathers. It is often through the blow and backskull. I guess this is related to spangles a bit, as spangles are a form of pied. However, it is a much thinner line then spangles, and it is on the edge of the feather, whereas with spangles the black is not on the edge. Below is a picture of one of my birds with it. She is opaline as well, excuse the bit of flecking through her cap.
Very interesting. I have several rec pieds and I'll inspect their foreheads.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankyou im pretty sure she is a baby but imnot to good with ages will get better at telling ages one day hopefully. This was only there cage for 2 weeks until i got my new cage as my old one got broken i finally got the new age yesterday YAY it has all wooden branches my step dad goes out and gets new ones ever couple of weeks for his bird and mine i didnt no it was bad for there feet tho thanku for telling me i just like wood perches better

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Thankyou im pretty sure she is a baby but imnot to good with ages will get better at telling ages one day hopefully. This was only there cage for 2 weeks until i got my new cage as my old one got broken i finally got the new age yesterday YAY it has all wooden branches my step dad goes out and gets new ones ever couple of weeks for his bird and mine i didnt no it was bad for there feet tho thanku for telling me i just like wood perches better
I would say about 8 or 9 months. Because she is a rec. pied, she will never get iris rings.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I nearly got it right am getting better with my mutations. Still got lot to learn slowley.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.