Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!! You might remember Lace one of the 6 babies that Bell and Piper had. This little girl we were first told that she wasn't a grey wing, but she is know 6 months old and is still very light. Here is a pic......

Also we were looking through are baby pics and relized that every single one of the babies had clear flight feathers even the three recessive pied babies. So that lead me to believe they might be clear flight pieds too or something else. Here is the link that has all the babies and there parents...
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=70867

And here are some of Zeus the recessive pied baby we kept.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Recessive pieds usually do have clear flight feathers They can't be combo of Recessive pied and clear flight pied because then they'd be Dark Eye clears

http://www.***************/c_dec.html

the first pic is a Sky blue Clear Flight pied - the wing markings don't look light to me they look pretty normal in color

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recessive pieds usually do have clear flight feathers They can't be combo of Recessive pied and clear flight pied because then they'd be Dark Eye clears

http://www.***************/c_dec.html

the first pic is a Sky blue Clear Flight pied - the wing markings don't look light to me they look pretty normal in color
Ok thanks for the clarification on the recessive pied!! Are you sure Lace the one in the first pic is a clearflight pied? We were told she was a dominant pied and her mom is too. What are the best ways to tell them apart? Also, can normall varieties vary in how dark they are, since Lace is much lighter then are normals? Thanks for all your help!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Sorry yes she is dominant Pied - I thought she was one of the babies you were referring to from your other post.

yes their markings can vary in light/darkness

Usually to tell a clear flight pied from a dominant pied - is the clear band across the belly is usually dominant pied (It didn't even dawn on me she had one when I responded earlier i was paying more attention to the color of the markings) Clear flight pieds usually have no clear areas - but some times they'll have a clear patch up by their necks

also when it comes to the markings on the wings Normally Clearlfight pieds markings come all the way down to where the flight feathers start, But a dominant pied usually their markings stop mid way down the wing - if that makes sense

Here's one of my Clear flight pieds (he's Opaline too doesn't change the markings any just makes his body color go into his wings)

and a Dominant pied

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Lace is an opaline dominant pied sky blue

Markings on recessive pieds are random so some will have clear flight feathers but most will not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.