Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone could confirm the mutation of these 2 as I'm still pretty useless LOL

I managed to get 2 pics of the first one which I think is a YF type 1 greywing but the body color im not to sure on.

The second one is probably a long shot as she was not very co-operative with the camera and this was the only pic that wasn't just a big blur, but i thought I would post it and see if anyone could tell.

Thanks in advance

Craig

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
oooh, what sweet and lovely babies!

I'm not very good at this, but I'm learning,
so I'd like to take a guess :) I'd say the first
is a FYII sky blue opaline. Maybe greywing?

The second one (prettypretty!) is a YFII sky
blue opaline pied.

Now, let's see what they people who actually
know what they're looking at say :)

Reactions: hines001

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oooh, what sweet and lovely babies!

I'm not very good at this, but I'm learning,
so I'd like to take a guess :) I'd say the first
is a FYII sky blue opaline. Maybe greywing?

The second one (prettypretty!) is a YFII sky
blue opaline pied.

Now, let's see what they people who actually
know what they're looking at say :)
Thanks for taking a guess :)
I'm still learning the mutations after god knows how long and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier:S Although I am getting the hang of some of the more common ones

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Thanks for taking a guess :)
I'm still learning the mutations after god knows how long and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier:S Although I am getting the hang of some of the more common ones
I love people who post the mutation questions as you have.
It's like a little quiz on how much I've learned (which is nowhere
near enough!). I post my guess, then the pros come along and
tell me if I'm right -- or more often, not. But we're learning, right?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Are these birds siblings?
I don't believe the first one is opaline, but the second one may be. Can you post a picture of her back?

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
The first chick is a cobalt yellowface greywing. It looks like it might be a type II yellowface, but it is hard to tell sometimes before the first molt.

The second is a cobalt or mauve (the lighting makes the bird look washed out on the front, but the rump looks darker. Another pic or 2 would be helpful if you want to know for sure) yellowface dominant pied opaline greywing.

Both look like they could carry violet as well :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are these birds siblings?
I don't believe the first one is opaline, but the second one may be. Can you post a picture of her back?
Yes they are siblings I did only go to get 1 but that would have left one behind so I decided to take them both, I will try to get some better pics

The first chick is a cobalt yellowface greywing. It looks like it might be a type II yellowface, but it is hard to tell sometimes before the first molt.

The second is a cobalt or mauve (the lighting makes the bird look washed out on the front, but the rump looks darker. Another pic or 2 would be helpful if you want to know for sure) yellowface dominant pied opaline greywing.

Both look like they could carry violet as well :)
Thanks Lindsey, I will get some more pics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.