Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I have to say how smart you all are for being able to figure these birds mutations... I have read and read and I still can't keep it all straight! So here goes.

Can someone help with the blue bird in the first photo and also in the second. The first blue has a very light yellow face that the photo doesn't project. A speckled blue and white body with white tail.

the second blue bird I am thinking a pied of some sort since he has a white patch around the back of his neck, a very pretty blue on his belly with white feathers underneath, blue tail. but I am not sure I have the pied thing right!

I don't want to leave out the pretty green bird, but I think she is just a normal green. Sweet bird too, she lets me pet her now ;)

Thanks for all your help!:D

Attachments

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I'm not a mutations expert, but I'll make some educated guesses until the experts come along ...

The blue and white one is a yellow face type 1 opaline dominant pied cobalt hen.

The green one is a normal dark green hen.

The blue one is an opaline sky blue violet **** bird. We need to see pictures of his belly, back, wings and tail (full body shots) to determine whether he's dominant pied or clearflight pied (I'm guessing clearflight).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice Birdies Malpais!!!

The first blue is a cinnamon yellowface type1 opaline dominant pied cobalt(probably violet)hen!

The green bird is a normal grey green hen!

The last from the little i can see is an opaline sky violet male!

Upload more full bodied pics please!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay first one is Jewel, the yellowface hen. She is starting her first molt. Surprisingly not crabby and letting me pet her and handle her more!

Second and third are Petey, the blue ****. He is hand tamed and the sweetest thing ever!

Thanks for your input! Love genetics :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The first one is a cobalt dominant pied and the last one is a clearflight pied violet cobalt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.