1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'd like to know the mutations of the following birds:

9 month old TJ

7 month old Dinda

Their mother is a normal cobalt blue, the father (who recently passed away) I don't know his mutation, so here he is below.

I plan to find mates for the little ones, so my question is, can any of them produce a chick with the exact same colourings and wing patterns of their father, my dearly departed Tito?

·
Registered
694 Posts
TJ looks to be a greywing light green.

Dinda looks to be a greywing sky blue.

If I'm right, your hen must have been split for greywing in order to produce those chicks. Tito is a light green greywing.

Your best bet to breed another bird like Tito would be to mate either of your chicks to a green greywing.

Don't take my word for any of this though xD Someone better with genetics will come along and correct me.

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The three of them have their differences, TJ has more distinguished marks on the wings and has the striping on the face and back of the head, while Dinda shows no markings on the face. As to Tito, he had no visible markings whatsoever, not on face, back of the neck and the wings have no normal markings.
Are there more takers on this one? Thanks in advance.

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No more takers, anyone?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree with Tracy on the colors.Dinda is also Opaline hence the difference in markings as was the father.One of his sons can produce the same Opaline markings as he will be split for Opaline.

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for clearing it up for me! :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
TJ is a lime green greywing, Dinda is an opaline sky blue greywing and Tito is an opaline lime green greywing. The reason only Dinda is an opaline is because she's female and opaline is sex-linked. TJ is therefore split for opaline. In order to get a bird with Tito's mutation, you could breed TJ with an opaline greywing of any colour (green if preferable, but since that's what you're trying to produce, I'm assuming blue is the only type available). Or you could breed Dinda with a green greywing split for opaline. I hope I helped, good luck! :)

·
21,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the info! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.