Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
Today I'd like help in learning the fancy terms for the colors and patterns of two of my budgies.

Meet Rae and Boca..
Rae is the green and Boca is the white one

P.s. I don't grow their wheatgrass in dirt anymore.. that was the 1st trial. I've since moved on to soiless.. they eat it fast enough 馃構

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did try to read through the pinned stuff, but many of the links are broken. Thank you.

Super Moderator
Please let us know which ones are broken and we will try and restore them.

Super Moderator
Hi there

Your budgies are adorable! Rae is an olive spangle budgie and Boca is a cobalt (possibly single factor violet) recessive pied budgie. His cere will never turn blue because of his mutation and will be pinkish purple his whole life 鈽

Also, sorry about the mutation guide. The site linked is not really working anymore as that person has since stopped breeding budgies and it is external so we can鈥檛 fix it 馃槗 However, many of the pages on that site are accessible via an online search!

Hope to see more of these two!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for the compliment and the technical terms.

I understand about the site, and yes it still has tons of useful information, even if navigation is a little wonky. I had found it before I found all of you.

I only brought it up because I felt silly asking, because if I'd I read all the info I should know! I figured they were something along those lines but wanted a professional opinion. So thank you again for your response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.