Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bert and Betsy ........dark green normal and a blue cobalt ?

Bongo and Bindi .......... opaline and dilute ?

Martha and Moe ........ clear wing and Dark green normal ?

Beryl........clear flight peid ?

Am I even close its hard getting your head round this mutation thing LOL

·
Lil' Birdy Girl
3,790 Posts
Bert-I agree
Betsy-Yellowface Type one Cobalt
Bongo-I agree
Bindi-I agree
Martha-I say spangle, but I could be wrong
Moe-I agree
Beryl-I agree, but I'm not COMPLETELY sure about her being pied. Does she have a pied spot?

Your gripping mutations, you have done very well! :thumbsup: I hope I'm right for the most part! :eek:

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
1st = normal green
2nd = yellow face type 1 blue
3rd = opaline green
4th = i think it may be a clear wing or dilute im not sure
5th = spangle green
6th = looks to be a normal green but markings look a little light to me
7th = clearflight pied opaline

could you take pictures of no 6 with no flash? :D
they are lovely!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grrr I knew betsy was a yellow face type 1 I dont know why i didnt put that a peid spot ? do you mean a clear patch ? here is a pic of the back of beryl getting there slowly LOL

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
From the looks of Moe in natural light he looks to be a normal green..lovely!
Clearfligt pied isnt a mixture but a mutation all its own like spangle etc.. :)
Beryl is a clearflight pied but he has no spot on his head. But if i remember correctly they dont all have a spot on the head and some have a band across their belly like mine :D
hope that helps. any questions just ask ;)

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Hey just had a thought. Bindi could possibly be a double facot spangle, although the bodu colour is very light. was just an idea haha.
you have any idea what the parents were?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
the blue one is a yellowface blue cobalt :) Beryl is very beautiful :budgie:

Reactions: flyawayfairy

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
P.S. how is everyone making their budgeis pictures into signatures like that? i'd like to have one :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
P.S. how is everyone making their budgeis pictures into signatures like that? i'd like to have one :D
There are some guys on here that make them I have made a few I'd be happy to make you one if you'd like ........or you can go to the thread on here somewhere and ask for one to be made there are some good ones about because of halloween

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From the looks of Moe in natural light he looks to be a normal green..lovely!
Clearfligt pied isnt a mixture but a mutation all its own like spangle etc.. :)
Beryl is a clearflight pied but he has no spot on his head. But if i remember correctly they dont all have a spot on the head and some have a band across their belly like mine :D
hope that helps. any questions just ask ;)
I know that clear flight peid is a single mutation name but it was suggested that she was a clear flight peid opaline ......which has confused me LOL its not hard to confuse me LOL .......... I dont know the parents at all

·
Registered
281 Posts
Bert-I agree
Betsy-Yellowface Type one Cobalt
Bongo-I agree
Bindi-I agree
Martha-I say spangle, but I could be wrong
Moe-I agree
Beryl-I agree, but I'm not COMPLETELY sure about her being pied. Does she have a pied spot?

Your gripping mutations, you have done very well! :thumbsup: I hope I'm right for the most part! :eek:
I agree mostly with guesses that BellaBudgie gave, except that:

Bert - could be Green / Blue ("split" for blue - note the "blue"-shade on the flights & vent area!);

Martha - agree with Spangle, but given "sea-foam" body colour in the wing-markings...could be opaline as well...any picture from behind to show the "neck-mantle"?
..given the "sea-foam" body colour she are likely Yellow-face Type2 ...not a normal green bird...

...BUT lest I forget: "These are really great looking and sized birds!...and well-taken pictures, congrats with them!"

jacodk

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree mostly with guesses that BellaBudgie gave, except that:

Bert - could be Green / Blue ("split" for blue - note the "blue"-shade on the flights & vent area!);

Martha - agree with Spangle, but given "sea-foam" body colour in the wing-markings...could be opaline as well...any picture from behind to show the "neck-mantle"?
..given the "sea-foam" body colour she are likely Yellow-face Type2 ...not a normal green bird...

...BUT lest I forget: "These are really great looking and sized birds!...and well-taken pictures, congrats with them!"

jacodk
Thank you very much for you help I am very proud of my beautiful budgies and am getting my head round this mutation thing ......... I have just been over what you said about Bert the pic really does look like it has blue on it but after poking Bert LOL he doesnt have any at all he is green its just the way the picture took and as for Martha I am stuck will add some more pics !

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Martha

Better pics of Martha !

Please forgive the state of my perches in the Aviary it was just before they got put away in to the heated shed and the place was a mess I put cleaning till they are all out makes life a little less stressful LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.