Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what the mutation of my new budgies are

Budgie 1 - I think he is a greywing but his marking do look a bit different to the other greywings that I have so I'm not sure.

Budgie 2 - I have no idea what mutation she is i brought her because her coloring was different to any other budgie that I have

Budgie 3 - I also think she is a greywing. I'm not sure if her coloring is very clear but she is a YF and her body is a really pale light green - she also has very few markings

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,156 Posts
:wave: G'day!

I have no idea on the name of the mutations - but your Bird # 1 could be my Mista's twin :love:

Bird # 2 ... O-M-G! I WANT THAT BUDGIE! :D

Bird # 3 ... and I'll have that one too! :D

Summer in England now, right? :D :laugh:

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,156 Posts
Budgie # 3's papa is just delish! And I LOVE his mama's expression - it looks like she'd say

" G'wan gerrof wif ya. I don't want that bluddy camera gizmo in me face! GO AWAY" :laughing:

Reactions: hines001

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Budgie # 3's papa is just delish! And I LOVE his mama's expression - it looks like she'd say

" G'wan gerrof wif ya. I don't want that bluddy camera gizmo in me face! GO AWAY" :laughing:
Haha that is the only clear-ish pic I have ever been able to get from her as when she sees the camera she usually hides behind the others

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Wow, they're all so beautiful! :love:

I'll try my best, but I haven't seen many like them.

#1 I'm going to say is a Sky Blue Clearwing, because the body colour is much too bright to be a Greywing and the wing markings are very pale, could be an FBC Greywing but I am definitley leaning towards Clearwing.

#2 I honestly don't have a clue. :eek: Can you get some pictures of her front? From what I can see I'm going to say Yellowface Type I Greywing, but I have no idea about the body colour, sorry. :eek:

#3 I"m going to say Yellowface II Dilute Sky Blue Normal, I can't really tell if she's normal or Spangle because the markings are SO pale which is why I say Dilute.

You have a stunning flock, sorry I couldn't be of more help. :eek:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replying with what you think they are. I'm not to good with mutations and have been looking for a clearwing for a while so I hope bird #1 is!

I will try to get some more pics up later today

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Gorgeous rescues! I'll take a shot at the mutations.

1. Sky blue opaline full body greywing
2. Mauve yellow face type I opaline
3. Grey yellow face type 1 spangle opaline dilute

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a quick question but why do you all think budgie #3 is a dilute?

If she is a dilute am I right in thinking that both her parents carry the dilute gene?

Also another quick question (sorry:eek:) is her brother also a dilute?

Budgie #3 - both are in desperate need of names but I can't think of any right now

and here is her brother

Thanks again for all your help everyone!!!

Craig

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.