Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have just done some research on mutation and read an interesting article on the Internet. It's got me thinking, I thought I knew what my budgies mutations were, but there could be more to it.

Here are the ones I'm a bit confused about:
Sunny and snowy, ok so I thought I had lutino in sunny and creamino in snowy but they are just under 2 years and haven't developed iris rings, yet, as far as I can tell. Also the part that confuses me is sometimes their eyes look red (in the sun) and sometimes they look plum. Here is some photos of them:

This last photo snowy and sunny are separated coz they were getting in the way of the laying hens and snowy got in a little fight which I saw happen and got some feathers ripped out. But she is ok and her feathers are growin back now.

Now also there is my greenies.
Finney- I think is no dark factor normal

Barry- I think is a one dark factor normal

Homer- I am not sure if he is a 2 dark factor or a grey green

My yellow faces I think are both type 2's:
Dawn-

Bilbo-

My violet factored budgie- Violet is a one dark factor; I think? She looks 2 different colours with flash and without flash in my camera

Sorry for the long post, I just want to make sure I have the understanding of mutations! :)

http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

·
Registered
458 Posts
I believe you are correct with Sunny and Snowy, a Creamino and a Lutino. The reason they do not have iris rings could be that they are Recessive Pied...I'm not sure on this however, they may be a kind of Fallow that doesn't get iris rings? You'd have to wait on other opinions to be sure, it just seems like a long shot that both are Rec. Pied, unless they are related?

Finney looks like a Skyblue Goldenface.
Barry: Dark Green Normal (so yes, one dark factor)
Homer is a Grey-green, you can tell from the fact his cheek patches are silver.
Dawn is a Skyblue Goldenface, Bilbo is a Cobalt Goldenface.
Violet appears to be a Cobalt double factor Violet.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you are correct with Sunny and Snowy, a Creamino and a Lutino. The reason they do not have iris rings could be that they are Recessive Pied...I'm not sure on this however, they may be a kind of Fallow that doesn't get iris rings? You'd have to wait on other opinions to be sure, it just seems like a long shot that both are Rec. Pied, unless they are related?.
Sunny and Snowy are sisters :)
And Finney is green?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I think you'll find that Finnie is not a true green. If you look under his wings you will see his original body colour

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you'll find that Finnie is not a true green. If you look under his wings you will see his original body colour
Well all I know is he is very pretty green! Lol. But I don't want to have to catch him and stir up the aviary to check under his wing. Maybe if I post more photos?

If he isn't a true green, then what is he? Because its not blue but it's a very vibrant green lol.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
In the first photo you posted he looks typical of many golden face sky blues after the yellow has spread. Often these birds look like a normal light green. The new photos look less like a golden face but if you are not prepared to look under his wings we will never know for sure

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.