Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are my latest babies. There were 6. 2 are sold (mainly blue and a white one) What are their mutations please? I only have 5 pictures but the one i dont have is like the other white ones. thanks

·
Budgie Adorer
689 Posts
1st one looks like a normal skyble, second looks like a skyblue dom pied and the other ones look like skyblue rec pieds. Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Look like sky blue normals, single factor and double factor dominant pieds. I assume the parents were either two sky blue dom pieds or a dom pied sky blue x double factor dom pied sky blue.

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there are the parents

whats the mutations for each? that way when i write up their birth certificate its correct

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The 1st one is a sky blue normal & the 2nd is a sky blue single factor dominant pied. Speckle is double factor dominant pied. The other 2 could be double factor dominant pieds or they could be single factor dominant pied with reduced markings

The parents are both dominant pied. They must both be single factor because if one was double factor they could not have produced a normal chick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.