Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'd love to learn his mutations :D He's so purty and looks like one of my new ones....Who I'm not sure on the colors either.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
I'd say yellow face II skyblue recessive pied.
As for the sex, It looks like a male. But I want to be sure. Did you take this picture with a flash? If so, can you post one without the flash? :)
Great pictures though ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Female, YF2 recessive pied sky blue
I am not sure about the wing markings, seems to me opaline cinnamon

I am not expert, just a big fan of budgies

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wing and face markings are grey and not brown. I was wondering about opaline or greywing, but I'm just not experiences enough to tell. I think I did use a flash. I'll work on getting some without.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Yellowface type two recessive pied opaline clearwing sky blue male. Might be a greywing as there is definately some sort of dilution going on but thats him for the most part. Suspect clearwing over greywing as the body doesnt look very diluted while the wings clearly are.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This will likely sound silly, but do all blue series turn that seafoam color? He's getting that color near his tail feathers. Not sure it's easily seen in these pics? He seems a darker blue on his belly than on his rump, too. Is that normal?

·
Registered
124 Posts
this darken blue is becuase of the YF2, strong yellow color is being mixed with the sky blue

·
Registered
124 Posts
Would it not change the blue on his rump as well as the blue on his belly?
no, YF2 makes all the body in yellow color, yet it is random, some parts are strong yellow and others are light yellow

to make it simple

see these two budgies are both YF2, how the yellow is different in the parts in of each budgie

http://www.***************/v_yellowfaceino1.jpg

http://www.***************/v_yellowfaceino2.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.