Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I had these here once before, but wanted another go at it. Thanks ahead of time.

The first is a Spangle skyblue violet cinnamon. I ask again on her because Nev said in photos she does not look cinnamon, but in person she probably is or something like that. :) Anyways I still think she is, just wanted to double check :D

And this one is going through a molt and her colors on her wings and cheek patches seem different to me. :S She is a Grey spangle. Her markings are a light chocolate brown color. It's hard to tell in these photos. The color is a bit lighter than the first photo. Is she just a Spangle with lighter markings?

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
The first one does look cinnamon. I can see the brown in her face markings in the first picture.

The 2nd one just looks spangle. Mine had light markings. they are very pretty!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I agree with jennie,
A Grey Spangle with light markings, I also had a **** bird like your hen, he also had light markings, which i thought were cinnamon, but I was corrected by a breeder & I was told that you can get very light markings or darker markings!! the other one does look cinnamon to me aswell :), they are stunning birds.

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
I am very jealous! How did you find such great birds? Cinnamon and Spangle in one bird...those are my favorite wing markings ever!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first one does look cinnamon. I can see the brown in her face markings in the first picture.

The 2nd one just looks spangle. Mine had light markings. they are very pretty!!
That's what I thought :)

I agree with jennie,
A Grey Spangle with light markings, I also had a **** bird like your hen, he also had light markings, which i thought were cinnamon, but I was corrected by a breeder & I was told that you can get very light markings or darker markings!! the other one does look cinnamon to me aswell :), they are stunning birds.
Good to know I'm on the right track. And thanks :)

I am very jealous! How did you find such great birds? Cinnamon and Spangle in one bird...those are my favorite wing markings ever!
:) I had them shippied from Texas :) And thank you :D

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
it is very hard to pick the actual colour of spangle markings in a photo like this... having said that th first one has the lovely soft look to her feathers that cinnamon gives so my first thought was cinnamon spangle.

the second looks like a grey spangle.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She looks cinnamon spangle in these two pictures. I don't remember seeing her before but she is a beautiful bird.

The second one is hard to be sure about from these pictures

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is very hard to pick the actual colour of spangle markings in a photo like this... having said that th first one has the lovely soft look to her feathers that cinnamon gives so my first thought was cinnamon spangle.

the second looks like a grey spangle.
Thank you.

She looks cinnamon spangle in these two pictures. I don't remember seeing her before but she is a beautiful bird.

The second one is hard to be sure about from these pictures
Thanks Nev :) Based on what I said, light chocolate brown. And she is a grey. Wouldn'd she be a spangle, just with lighter markings?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.