Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone here seems to be so good at telling mutations i have a few clues on what my budgies mutations are but i would just like to confirm it so
1. coco

2. jack (is he a slate blue or normal blue?)
head

wings

3. talola

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Hello!
I would say Coco is a golden face( or yellow face type 2 but he looks brighter than that to me in the pic) greywing sky blue. For Jack he is a normal grey. And Talola looks like a cobalt blue recessive pied, although its kind of hard to tell since you cant see her wings tail and back very well in the pic :)

Hopefully someone will come along soon and move this to mutations so you will get more guesses :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't agree with the previous poster in that your Jack is a Normal Grey, because he's got a strong hint of blue in his colouring. My Bertie is definitely a Normal Grey; I bought him as such from the secretary of the London & Southern Counties Budgerigar Society the year before last, and there's no hint of blue in Bertie's feathers!

Perhaps Jack is a Slate Blue in colouring, then?

I've attatched a photo of Bertie taken the day I brought him home, aged 7 weeks (only left his Mum the week previous!) and you can see there's definitely no shades of blue in the feathers of this Normal Grey.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Light green greywing
Yellowface mauve or grey (mauve if tail is dark blue, grey if tail is black)
Recessive pied cobalt

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Coco looks like a type 2 yellow face sky blue greywing that has gone greenish (he could also have a grey factor)

Jack is a yellow face grey, probably with no dark factor (over sky blue). Grey is a colour adding factor and there is often a lot of variation in the depth of colour.

Talola is a dominant pied. If she doesn't develop iris rings she could be a combination of the two pied types but there is no doubt that what we can see is dominant pied

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.