Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have 2 new additions and i was wondering if someone could tell me if i have the mutations right

The 1st one i think is a YF Rec Pied not sure about the whole type 1 & 2 thing?

The 2nd I'm really not sure about i thought it was just a normal blue

Thanks in advance and sorry the pics are not great I had to use my phone
Craig

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I think that you may be right about the first one - I think it's a YF (2), but the colour I'm not sure about - Mauve or grey? The second bird is a sky blue clearflight pied - it is also called a Dutch pied. Both are beautiful - I like the colours of the first one and the second one has good body size - definitely a show type bird.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply i'm not to sure of the color of the 1st one either i think its grey?

What is the difference between type 1 & 2 Yellow face budgies? as i have a few but not sure what the difference is

The 2nd one i really didn't know (I don't know much about pieds so i got some research to do) but is Dutch pied a rec or dom?

Thanks again
Craig

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
What are the parents of the first one. Mauve can easily be mistaken as grey. For a grey baby one of the parents have to be grey.
Dutch pied is dom.
I'm not quite sure what the difference is between YF 1 or 2. I think that YF 2 spreads more through the body.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest i have no idea what the parents are i brought him from a pet shop because i went in there and he was sitting in a cage by himself so i had to have him lol

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
One the 1st one what is the color of the cheek patches? I can't make it out in the pic

if they're Blue(violet) It's a mauve, if they're Grey - Silver Then he's Grey.

the second one is a Sky blue Clear Flight Pied

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help with this

The cheek patches are a blue/purple color

Has the color changed because he is a Type 2 yellow face? I only ask as I have another YF that is really deep blue and only has yellow on his face

Thanks again
Craig

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
He looks like a type 1 yellow face to me

I'm not sure how it changes other colors when its a type 2 But I know if it was a Sky blue with a type 2 yellow face the blue wouldn't be bright teal blue of a sky blue it would be like a Sea Foam Green because the yellow bleeds into it and makes it look greenish.

None of my Grey's have a yellow face and I don't have any Mauves so I haven't seen those first hand on how a yellow face type 2 would change the color.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He could be a YF type 1 i'm really not sure about them.
Some i can look at and know and then others i think i have right and then i find out that i got it wrong lol

I guess i will get it eventually

Thanks again
Craig

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The first bird is a yellow face recessive pied grey. The yellow face type looks like a type two that has not completed it's first moult but if it is older he could be a type one or a double factor type 2

Does the second bird a clear white area on the front? If he does he is a dominant pied sky blue. Otherwise he could be a clearflight pied

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 1st one has a 2010 ring so he is not that young which i take would mean he is a type 1

No the 2nd one has not got a clear white area on the front.

Thanks everyone for all your help it really is appreciated
Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.