Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some of the pics. The green opaline hen is their adoptive mother. She took them in after their mother didnt take care of them properly, which surprised me because she had never had chicks before and shes turning 7. I dont use her for breeding. Shes my little baby!!!
The real mother was a teal recessive pied, and the father was almost a double factor yellow/green dominant pied.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The bird in the last two pictures is a yellow face pied sky blue. It looks more like clearflight pied but if the father is dominant pied the chick is probably the same

The pictures of the other 2 chicks are too small to be sure of anything but they do both appear to be pied

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I kinda figured that they were clearflights, but what about Harry(the white type 2 yellowface) is he also a clearflight?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
They all look like clearflight pieds. The lighter one appears to be a greywing pied. Like Nev said, if the dad is dominant pied, then so are the chicks. They're just poorly marked. I have had a chick or two from a dom pied parent come out looking like a clearflight. Super cute babies!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry about the photo quality, my camera keeps zooming in on my cage, and not the budgies. As promised here is a pic of dad. I couldn't get mom because she's incubating a clutch, and I didn't want to disturb her.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They all look like clearflight pieds. The lighter one appears to be a greywing pied. Like Nev said, if the dad is dominant pied, then so are the chicks. They're just poorly marked. I have had a chick or two from a dom pied parent come out looking like a clearflight. Super cute babies!
Thanks, it was my first clutch! The sky-blue(Teeny), and the light yellow/blue (Harry) are so bonded; I could never separate them, they immediately start looking for each other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.