16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bird Parrot Pet supply Organism Beak

Bird Vertebrate Pet supply Beak Parrot

Bird Cockatiel Cockatoo Beak Parrot

Bird Beak Pet supply Parrot Bird supply

Bird Parrot Beak Pet supply Feather

Bird Beak Organism Parrot Bird supply

My 3 babies couldnt look more different from each other,just wondering what you all think of their mutations.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That isnt the nest box,all 3 are walking/wandering around the cage floor I just put that there to hold some bedding for them to snuggle in when sleeping

·
Administrator
57,891 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. :)
Is the nest box still attached in the cage as well?
Chicks usually go into that when they want to rest or sleep.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the explanation. :)
Is the nest box still attached in the cage as well?
Chicks usually go into that when they want to rest or sleep.
Nestbox was up high on cage side,to high for babies and mom was trying to double clutch so I removed it.

·
Administrator
57,891 Posts
Ahh, got it!

If Mom gets aggressive with babies at this point, remove her and let the Dad finish the feeding weaning process.
That usually occurs at about 3 1/2 weeks.

When either wmcburke or StarlingWings are on-line they can advise with regard to the chicks' mutations.
It would be helpful if you post full-body pictures of both the Mom and Dad as they will want to know their mutations as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh, got it!

If Mom gets aggressive with babies at this point, remove her and let the Dad finish the feeding weaning process.
That usually occurs at about 3 1/2 weeks.

When either wmcburke or StarlingWings are on-line they can advise with regard to the chicks' mutations.
It would be helpful if you post full-body pictures of both the Mom and Dad as they will want to know their mutations as well.
Dad is the green pied mom is the blue opaline pied
Bird Green Parrot Organism Beak

Bird Parrot Beak Pet supply Bird supply

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
They’re SO cute! Two double factor dominant pieds, looks like? And the green is single factor dominant :)

That one is opaline as well so I’d say the green is light green opaline single factor dominant pied.

As for the other two, cobalt yellow face double factor dominant pied and what looks like light or dark green double factor dominant pied. Do you have any more photos of those two? In some photos, they look opaline (white down, faded barring) but not sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bird Petal Ingredient Terrestrial plant Feather
some baby pics if that can help.
Ive already posted pics of the parents in this thread so trying to narrow down the parents possible mutations/splits.
my theory is dad(green) is obviously pied and has to be split to opaline (am I right)
mom is (blue) blue opaline pied(?)
one of them has to be split for yellow face but how would I know wich one?
and are there any mutations I am leaving out lol

Bird Beak Poultry Feather Nail

Terrestrial plant Organism Plant Tree Flowering plant

·
Registered
184 Posts
Agree entirely with @StarlingWings assessment.

You do know a lot more about the splits of the parents now. Yes, Dad has to be split to opaline, since it's sex-linked and the hen alone would not produce opaline chicks. Also, Dad is split to blue, which is recessive and again the hen alone could not have produced blues.

Yes, the hen is opaline sky blue single factor dominant pied.

Yellowface is dominant so nobody is split to yellowface. They either are or are not. The one exception is double factor yellowface type 1 which---this is confusing, I know--is not visual yellowface but white-faced. So there are four possibilities here.

1. Dad is single factor yellowface and passed it on to some of the chicks, the blue pied for one.

2. Dad is double factor yellowface and passed single factor yellowface on to all of his chicks and those green chicks are also yellow face.

3. The hen is double factor yellowface type 1 and passed single factor yellowface on to all chicks.

4. A combination of #1 & #3 or #2 & #3.

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
Yep, all opalines as well, from the new pics. White down is a dead giveaway! @wcmburke has given a great breakdown of the possibilities for the parents 👍🏻👏🏻 They’re gorgeous!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.