Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am not sure where to submit this very sad post. I find myself needing to rehome my beautiful boy. It is through no fault of his own and I wish I could keep him forever because I love him.

This morning on my day off he screamed until I got up at 7:30am to let him out. I don't mind being woken up but it just confirmed what I already knew. He isn't happy in his situation. I am gone for work for about ten hrs a day. He must feel awful being stuck by himself. He just doesn't have the personality type for my life.

He is good natured and intelligent, he would make a great best friend for someone with some time on their hands.

I live in Sydney Australia, I am not fussed about getting money for him really more concerned with finding him a good home.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
You got BB directly from a breeder, didn't you?
If I'm correct, then I would suggest you contact the breeder and ask if he/she will take BB back and find him a good home.
If this is a good breeder, he/she should be willing to accept BB back.
Explain that you are not asking for a refund and give her the reasons why keeping him isn't in his best interest.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
How long have you had him?
Are you sure that it’s not just a matter of giving him the required time to acclimate to a new schedule?

I’m sure that you’ve considered this, I just think that it would be sad to prematurely rehome him. I can tell from the posts how much you like him :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is clear to me that he is not going to be happy housed separately. He is just a particularly social bird, if I could quit my job and spend all day with him that would obviously be better 😅

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
It is clear to me that he is not going to be happy housed separately. He is just a particularly social bird, if I could quit my job and spend all day with him that would obviously be better 😅
There’s always the option to get him a male friend ;)

Again, hopefully this works out for you. I work most of the day as well, so I empathize :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought about it, but he is a 50/50 budgie so that's uncommon.

Also if they don't get along then I have a HUGE problem on my hands instead of a big one lol

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
Only you know what is best for you and for BB. If you truly believe he'd be better off being rehomed then that is definitely what you should do.
Why isn't the breeder willing to take him back? Doesn't make sense to me as the breeder can re-sell him to someone else...

Is there a bird rescue organization near you that takes in birds that need to be rehomed?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
His cage is a tad small. Lockdown restrictions eased today so I am going to go select him a nice big cage after work. That is my last thought. he might be happier if he can actually fly all day. He loves to zoom :love:

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
Try to get something HUGE for him.
For example, the Prevue Hendryx F050 is
37” Long x 23” wide x 48” High (interior) 40,848 cubic inches

60 inch height including the stand

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Possibly overkill, but I’ve seen more than a few DIY enclosures out there for budgies. I’m sure that it can be done safely and with things that you can source locally?
Should you be so inclined :)

Plant Vertebrate Window Wood Shade

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.