Talk Budgies Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my boys today 4 males i was going to get just 2 but i couldn't choose between them so i got all 4, they are just settling in as have only been home an hour. light is set to 1hr and i still am waiting on a few things to arrive mainly a couple of mineral perches and their bath.

cage ready for them

minus the sand in the bottom and i hadn't added their food bowls but still waiting on the coop cups to arrive

my boys :001_smile:

i am in love already

·
Super Moderator
3,007 Posts
They look so cute, can't wait to see more of them as they settle in. It would be best to have white paper towels or plain newsprint at the bottom of the cage, that way you can easily monitor the droppings. Make sure you have food and water in there for them while you are waiting for the coop cups, best to have them in the upper part of the cage to avoid them getting soiled by droppings from above.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they have plastic ones for now and they are in top of cage will replace them once the coop cups get here as well as a couple of toys i am waiting on.

·
Administrator
55,116 Posts
Your new little friends are darling! Have you named them yet?

You should not use sand or grit in a cage with budgies. Ingesting that can cause crop impaction.

As Cody indicated, it is best to use plain white paper towels or plain newsprint (aka packing paper) as a liner for the bottom of your cage.

Also, to prevent injury, you will need to secure the side spring-loaded doors.
See the information in the link below:

Clip Spring Load Side Doors for Security

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no names yet, i was going to call them bill and ben (showing my age) but now theres 4 of them i can't really do that so i will wait till they are a little more settled and see what their personality is like.

i have found the clips on amazon so they will arrive tomorrow, at the moment i have them zip tied top and bottom so they can't be opened leaving just the one spring door where i want to add their bath near the top of the cage but i will add the clips as well

i have some printer paper so will use that for the flooring while i look for the lager sheets of white paper

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my boys today 4 males i was going to get just 2 but i couldn't choose between them so i got all 4, they are just settling in as have only been home an hour. light is set to 1hr and i still am waiting on a few things to arrive mainly a couple of mineral perches and their bath.

cage ready for them

minus the sand in the bottom and i hadn't added their food bowls but still waiting on the coop cups to arrive

my boys :001_smile:

i am in love already
Beautiful budgies!!

·
Administrator
55,116 Posts
Please make sure any plants in the room with your budgies are completely safe for them.
Even if safe, you are not going to want the budgies munching on them...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no real plants in budgie room or in house yet, got some seed sprouting that i am doing for them.

i do have fake ivy across the top of the cage as i wanted it to look a little like they was in a tree, more i think for my purpose than theirs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts