Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:budgie: If I can get this Picture in here, this is Presently my latest Picture of Frosty-Nancy having this Problem periodically. Which sounds like stomach distress and Rasping when it gets aroused with emotion good or bad. Just when things get arousing to her. 90% of the Time she's doing fine and then 10% out of the blue, is having this Distress and I don't know what she needs for help?

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
I'm sorry but your photo isn't attached.

http://talkbudgies.com/how-guides/175818-how-post-pictures-photobucket.html

If your budgie is periodically having problems then the best advice anyone can offer is for you to take her to an Avian Vet for a proper diagnosis so the correct treatment can be prescribed.

http://talkbudgies.com/general-budgie-talk/55420-prepared-veterinary-care-expense.html

Locate an Avian Vet

Association of Avian Veterinarians
http://www.aav.org/search/index.php

International Vets Register
Vets

Bird Vets Near You
Veterinarians.com

On Line Avian Vets

http://www.justanswer.com/pet-bird/

Ask a Vet Online. Ask a Vet Pet Veterinary Health Questions 24/7. Online Vet Advice « VetLIVE

Dr. Ross Perry
Mobile 0419 693279
Home (612) 9401 4586
work (612) 99825831
[email protected]
[email protected]
Skype and iChat: DoctorRossPerry
Aspiring to love all, serve all, help ever, hurt never.
Dr Ross Perry | Helping Your Pet

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to add a bit more information: Something that just occurred to me. It was in January 2015 when I went to this Pet Shop and got me 5 Millet Sprays. They Look Big and Plump, but also a bit Yellow and Dry. After I ran out with this Pet Shops Millet Spray in February was when this Distress Started. After I went back to this other Pet Shop they finally got their Millet Spray stock back in their store so I could get these others. Then my Bird quieted down. Doing better. From last week the Pet Shop of this one didn't again have the Millet Spay in Stock, so I went back to this other Pet Shop for the Big and Plump Yellow and kind of Dry looking. I just put one of these in the Cage yesterday to notice this Distress surfacing again. I am now pretty sure its coming from the Millet Spray. Now what do I do? I of course am not serving it to my birds as of this time. Until I can figure something else out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry but your photo isn't attached.

http://talkbudgies.com/how-guides/175818-how-post-pictures-photobucket.html

If your budgie is periodically having problems then the best advice anyone can offer is for you to take her to an Avian Vet for a proper diagnosis so the correct treatment can be prescribed.

http://talkbudgies.com/general-budgie-talk/55420-prepared-veterinary-care-expense.html

Locate an Avian Vet

Association of Avian Veterinarians
http://www.aav.org/search/index.php

International Vets Register
Vets

Bird Vets Near You
Veterinarians.com

On Line Avian Vets

http://www.justanswer.com/pet-bird/

Ask a Vet Online. Ask a Vet Pet Veterinary Health Questions 24/7. Online Vet Advice « VetLIVE

Dr. Ross Perry
Mobile 0419 693279
Home (612) 9401 4586
work (612) 99825831
[email protected]
[email protected]
Skype and iChat: DoctorRossPerry
Aspiring to love all, serve all, help ever, hurt never.
Dr Ross Perry | Helping Your Pet
Yes! I didn't know at the moment, since I just loaded my Picture on my Facebook and to a URL address from that place. I don't have a Photobucket Account right now. Not everything is cooperating with me lately. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
hi
if you think your budgie is in any distress get her to a vet
things change very quickly as I have found to my loss

·
Administrator
56,051 Posts
Yes! I didn't know at the moment, since I just loaded my Picture on my Facebook and to a URL address from that place. I don't have a Photobucket Account right now. Not everything is cooperating with me lately. :rolleyes:
You can do a thumbnail attachment by clicking on "Advanced"under the block where you type your message
then scroll down and choose "Attach Files"
then "Manage Attachments" and upload and image from your computer if you want to try that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got rid of this bunch of Millet Spray and went to this other Pet Shop for the Millet Spray that looks more Green and moist. Meantime Frosty-Nancy just sounds like occasional sneezing or coughing from my bird and looks in Peace now for 80% of the time.

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Michael, I agree with everyone that you should probably take this up with an avian vet. I don't discount your observation's of the millet, and from thing's I have read, budgies can have allergy issue's which may explain why it effect's her and maybe not the other's. If your feeding an all seed diet, I would highly encourage you to start trying to slowly introduce them to a quality pellet. That, along with fresh veggies, eggfood, sprouted seed, etc. will help them to be their healthiest. Anytime seed is in question, it is good to try and sprout it, and if it won't sprout, it isn't fresh. Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the "mother" in it is good to give every third day in their drinking water, mixed 1/4 tsp to every 4 oz of water. Keep us updated on what is going on with her...:)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,230 Posts
I would say the same thing as Randy. You may found the reason why your bird is acting like this, but you need to find out what's happening to her body. A doctor is qualified to do such things and have a proper diagnosis and treatment. I hope she's not having trouble anymore with her stomach. Update us on her condition,ok?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I made an Appointment May Friday 1, which is now for today my Afternoon time. Got 7 more hours for it. Up here in Washington in Grays Harbor. Grays Harbor Veterinarian Services is the only Veterinarian that will look at Avian Pets. I have to drive 13 miles to get to it. Frosty was not feeling well this Weekend. So I am getting the enforcement that I am taking this action. Not happy seeing her in this kind of Distress now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Back from the Veterinarian. No Treatment yet. The Doctor Vet (She) noticed something clicking in her. (Suspicious of some kind of millet spray dust (?) ... ) So? What happen was this exam ... A Culture (I'm not sure what (?) ... ) and 2 Sensitivity (I do not know what this means.) But now this is going to take to Wednesday or Thursday for Results. For me to know something. This was expensive ... Exam $30.00 + Culture & Sensitivity (2) $89.00. (The $30.00 not bad, but now this other stuff is hurting me.) She doesn't appear in real bad health. Just this unknown system even the Vet. Doctor needs to still find out. Meantime the waiting and my Bird goes through this wheezing, sneezing/coughing from something clicking in her. And at times sounds like she's going in some distress and pain. I hate her going through this.

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
I am glad you took her to the vet. Was this an avian vet ? I cannot speak to what kind of culture test or what sensitivity may be. Call the office and ask, the sensitivity may be to see if she is allergic to anything, I don't know....maybe one of our member's can speak to this...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She's the only Avian Vet in Grays Harbor County Washington, plus is a Vet with Dogs and Cats also and other Specialties with Skin Care Issues and so forth. She owns a Macaw Bird for her pet. (The Veterinarian Office and Web Site shows she has this.) She even gets calls when some Wild Birds need some attention. (I got from the News.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's Thursday morning and the Day the Veterinarian told me that the (Blood Drawn?) Culture that the results should be know on this day. So? I might get word what they found later on Today? Poor Bird is not always still feeling well.

·
Member of the Month January 2015
403 Posts
I hope the tests found something easily treatable and you can get your little budge back in tip-top shape soon! If you haven't heard from them by about an hour before closing, it's fine to contact them and ask about the results.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't hear anything by 14:45. So I called them by that Time. They did not get any Results when I called. They told me they will check with the Lab and let me know when they get something. I would assume they are Closed now (It's 19:30) and I haven't heard from them. So? It's all waiting again on Friday now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I Called them up again on Friday by 16:05 and was told they don't have any Results yet until possibly Monday 11. That they will Call Me (?) I wait until 16:00 for that, but then I will be calling to figure what's going on (?) Frosty Nancy is seeming to be hurting from (What I think is Lung Irritation (?), because when it gets aroused to breath heavier, it acts likes it hurting from Lung Irritation (?) Is what it looks like to me ... )

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.