Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently we got a new sub perch for our 3 budgies to sit on (white, blue, and turquoise). They all really love it. So much that 2 of my birds (turquoise and blue) attack my other bird (white) viciously when it wants to sit there. This doesn't just happen on the perch the two bird also attack the bird while they are eating and the white bird also wants to eat. And lastly when they are about to sleep the blue and turquoise bird attack it so that it has to cling to the wall to sleep. (FYI all my budgies are babies) Is this bullying? What do I do to stop this? Should I be afraid that my budgie will become depressed? Please tell me

·
Registered
411 Posts
You can't really stop them from bullying the other budgie, so all I say is you should immediately separate them. Put the two blue ones in one cage, preferably in a separate room, and put the white one in a different cage.

·
Administrator
56,500 Posts
You need to separate the budgie that is being bulled into a cage of its own immediately. If you continue to keep it in the same cage as the other two, it will end up being severely injured or killed to say nothing of the emotional turmoil it is experiencing daily.

·
Super Moderator
18,437 Posts
I agree, it can be hard to house three budgies in a cage as oftentimes one will be singled out as the "third wheel". For his own emotional health and physical wellbeing, it's important you separate the little white budgie out on his own :D

He'll be much happier when he can eat and perch in peace! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.