Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I've recently found out my budgie is probably suffering from bumblefoot. Her foot seems to have swollen (if that's the right term) and I've now seen that there is redness at the bottom of her foot.
From all the research I did, I believe shes still in the beginning stages of fully developing bumblefoot.
She stands on her good foot and I believe she tries to give her affected foot some rest.
I have no avian vets nearby and am not capable of taking her to the vet ( I'm 16 )

Please, if there is any kind of home remedies you could share to help my little girl out, please tell me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the article! I'm looking into getting perches of different diameters for my budgies.
But if there's anything you could share that helps heal the sore rather than prevent it, that would be extremely helpful.

This is what my budgies foot looks like right now.
Please, if anyone could help me from her sore feet worsening, do help me out.

Thank you !

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
I would pad the perches so they are soft. You can get some moleskin which is used in shoes it is like a soft piece of flannel that has an adhesive on the back, you should be able to get it at a pharmacy.

·
Administrator
55,566 Posts
Pressure Sores

Bumblefoot

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.

Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.

These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.