Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello, I am a new budgie owner and one of my budgie
Bird Beak Blue Parrot Feather

was very sick so i took him to the vet and she said he has diarrhea. I fed him the medicines prescribed but he is showing no signs of improvement. He is pooping seeds and some green matter, earlier it was just seeds and water also he is a bit constipated. He just fluffes up his feathers and sleeps all day, he used to be very energetic. I am just so sad please help me what should i do?

·
Super Moderator
5,280 Posts
Have you informed the vet that there has not been any improvement, sometimes if there in an infection the medication needs to be changed, were there any tests done on the droppings to determine the problem, that would be the place to start and those tests need to be done by the vet. There are many things that can cause the symptoms you are stating so it is important to get a proper diagnosis. Locating an Avian Vet//On-Line Avian Veterinarian Help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we don't have much good health facilities for animals and birds here so she said nothing about tests , i have not informed her yet i will go visit her and see what she says, i am just so worried and sad thanks for the reply he was so energetic and now he looks sick and just sleeps all day☹

·
Super Moderator
5,280 Posts
Use the link I provided in post #2 to see if it can help you to locate a vet in India in your area, at the very least a test known as a gram stain should be done on fresh droppings to determine what the issue may be. This is a simple test that is done by smearing a fresh dropping onto a slide applying the appropriate chemicals/stains and looking at it under a microscope, this will reveal bacteria, yeasts, parasites etc.

·
Administrator
58,954 Posts
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being
Locating an Avian Veterinarian

India veterinarians
Animal Hospitals, Birds Hospitals, Veterinary Health Centers

If there are no Avian Vets near you, find an Exotic Pet Veterinarian who has experience dealing with birds.

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
(Stickies are threads “stuck” at the top of each forum sub-section)
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thankyou guys for your support i visited multiple vets i tried my best to save him, lost him today morning. I don't know how to get rid of this sadness hope he is in a better place now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.