Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, this is her first egg. She's just ignoring it, she's playing with her toys and it's just lying on the floor of the cage. I read somewhere that if I take the egg she'll just lay more, is that true? Thank you so. much for the help,

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
It is really not possible to say what the response to removing the egg will be, it can work both ways, how old is she? Something is stimulating her hormones so it would be best to focus on calming the hormones, the link I gave in my previous post gives some suggestions on what to do and what not to do.

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
Make sure she has plenty of calcium available in her diet. Each time an egg is formed it depletes some calcium in the body and if a bird continues to lay eggs and the calcium is severely depleted it can lead to egg binding which is an emergency situation and needs to be addressed by an avian vet. Please read this link so you know the signs to watch for.

·
Administrator
59,697 Posts
Cody has given you excellent advice.

Definitely remove the egg and dispose of it. Please follow the steps below:

Rearranging her cage frequently will help tremendously.
Please be sure you never put a nest box or anything that could be used as a nesting site in the cage.
When she comes into condition, you need to limit the light they get to 8 hours a day and limit the amount of protein in their diet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts