Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've been looking about the internet trying to determine the mutations of my two Budgies. I believe I've got it cracked finally; I'd like some conformation though. I have two Budgies one female (Herb) and one male (Spice).
I used this website - http://www.***************/colorsguide.html to figure out their mutations.

I believe Herb, my female who is a 'show bird', to be a Sky Blue, Full Body-Colour Greywing. I can't seem to find any other mutations, but would greatly appreciate it if anyone else could correct mine or place any others!

It's when I come to my male, Spice, who is a 'pet shop bird' that I struggle to determine his mutations. I believe him to be a White Base Budgie who has molted to become a Seafoam Green colour with a Type II Yellowface and an Oapaline striping mutation. I think there may also be a slight Violet Factor, due to the colour of his feet, and the colour of the feathers on his wings and around his neck, but I'm not too sure. I can't seem to place the mottled colour of his belly either. I would greatly appreciate help with my Budgies mutations!

Many Thanks, Lewis.

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your hen looks like a normal to me. In the first picture she appears to be sky blue but in the other pictures she looks cobalt. I can't see anything that suggests either greywing or cinnamon except that her feet look pinkish in the first picture. Markings are darker on some normals than others. Apart from the wing markings her body color, throat spots and cheek patches are not right for either a greywing or a cinnamon

The **** is a type 2 yellow face opaline cobalt. He doesn't look violet in these pictures. The yellow face could be double factor

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help, i think i prehaps need to look more into mutations next time! The difference in the pictures is probably just the camera on my phone, its not that good quality!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.