Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have two female budgies that get a long really well. However, when it's night time, my younger budgie will fly as far away as possible from my other budgie and fly directly at her so she falls off the perch. Its very weird. It started happening after I got them a new cage but it's a similar cage to the last. There's plenty of space for them to share and other perches. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,572 Posts
Finding the perfect sleeping spot will sometimes cause bickering between birds. What type of perch are they fighting over?

I find that the swings in my cage are the prime sleeping spot, and there's usually a little bickering going on when the birds start to settle. I fixed this by adding in more swings, so all the birdies who wanted one, got one.

So depending on what type (and even location) of perch they both want at night, try adding in a second one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree. My two get along well also but when it comes time to roost and find a place to sleep its war time. The female always wins in this home.

·
Super Moderator
3,886 Posts
A couple of mine have swing wars :giggle: almost every night. Poor Noah will get on a swing and his sister pushes him off, he gets on another swing and she jumps and pushes him off and on and on and on. She seems to stop once I turn out all the lights except for their night light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.