Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Everybody! Um I have a couple questions about my budgie Buddie and also Peanut. Firstly Peanut is the green and yellow one and Buddie is the blueish/white one. I want to know if Buddie the blueish white one is rare. The breeder said that it was. Um oh and if Buddie is rare then would I get anything from taking them both to a show? If anybody knows what prizes you can get can you please put that in your post too? Please reply soon because I am a 11 year old girl who loves her birds! :):budgie::budgie:

kind birding,

Peanut.buddie01

You don't know love until you have experienced budgie love!:budgie:

·
Observing budgies
1,478 Posts
Heya Peanut Buddie.

Well no one on here can really tell you if Buddie is rare or not because we need a very detailed description. A lot of budgies can be blue and white or green and yellow. :eek: Budgies who enter shows are mainly 'English Budgies', i think it's either most of them are English budgies or all of them are English budgies. I'm not very good in the Show business.

Though, i can give you some information about it. Budgie shows are not simple shows, from what i've learnt. You can't just let your budgies tag along and enter the show with a snap of your fingers. I thought it was that simple when i first wanted a budgie. I don't think it really matters if your budgie is rare, i'm not COMPLETELY sure. But i think your Budgies just have to look prim and pretty, nails trimmed, feathers bright and shiny, hence the name "Budgie SHOW".

I just read about Show Budgies. Show budgies are English Budgies. English budgies are larger in size, and look bolder and it's plumage is different than the domestic budgie. Show budgies have the same colors as normal budgies but their proportions are larger and different. True, i don't know much about budgie shows, but i do know it's not easy. I suggest you read more about your budgies and find out what mutations they are. Then read more about Show budgies and qualifications. i wish you good luck! And if you would like to find out your budgie's mutations, post up a few pictures. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I shall thanks for that information and my computer was playing up but hopefully now it will let me post pictures. Be sure to check it out later!:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
pics of them. Buddies the bluewish white and Peanut is the green and yellow.

ok so Buddie is the blueish white and Peanut is the green and yellow. They do have rarity competitions I think. Ok is it correct that Buddie is an Albino and that Peanut is a normal green? The main thing that I want to know is if Buddie is rare though. Buddie is quite small compared to Peanut. I think that Peanut is an English Budgie, and Buddie is Australian. I will need to post the pictures one by one though because it will take a long time! OK so just tried the pictures and it isn't working so I will give you a very good description when it is their fly time ok. so around 9:30. ok?

Kind birding,

Peanut.buddie01

You never know love until you feel Budgie love!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The very very very detailed describtion!!!!!

ok so here it is! Buddie's details!

Face=
  • pale yellow with normal yellow splotches
  • 8 little grey lines on normal yellow splotches on the back of the neck
  • orange beak with a purple cere and white rings around the nostrils.
Belly=
  • the pale yellow white carries through to the upper belly and then goes into blue dots.
  • The blue dots then go more into a patch and then follow through to her bum.
Feet=
  • pink
  • with pink nails also.
Legs=
  • little
  • blue
  • the blue is more of a pale blue though

wings=
  • pale yellow
  • NO blue
  • grey spots
  • right wing cut (growing back)
Under wings=
  • pale blue right round the back
  • when it gets down to the tail where you can see underneath the wings is a pale yellow
Tail=
  • pale yellow
  • white vain? going through wing vertically
  • goes down into a pale yellow white.
underneath the tail=
  • yellow and black spots on the 5th layer'
  • last layer is the pale blue again coming off from the bum.
arm pits=
  • white with blue through the middle
  • up in the left hand corneris a little patch of skin where the arm pit is.
eyes=
  • black
  • white shine in the black eyes
thats just about it you could try to sketch it if you bored or something. (that would be rare with budgies around!) She isn't an English budgie because they are big. Peanut is an English budgie though! I think that Buddie is normal. I can't think of the name for it!

Oh the question was again is Buddie rare? if you need anymore information let me know because I am trying to check this post each day. So I will get back to you! Buddies cheeks are white. Pure white. Ok?

Kind thinking,

Peanut.buddie01

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
still need to see pictures :p
as far as i know you have a
yellow face blue ( not sure what blue because theres no photo ) and possible a clear flight

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
go to this website!!!

go to this website www.budgerigarplanet.com . ok. It is the same blue and yellow but in different spots. My budgie isn't like a english budgie. The size is like the rainbow budgie on there and the colours are the same just not in the same spots. So go on the information that i have gave you and the size and blues and yellows by that then you should know what it is. Either rare or not. Oh and stacey101 is the yellow faced blue and the clear flight rare?

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
go to this website www.budgerigarplanet.com . ok. It is the same blue and yellow but in different spots. My budgie isn't like a english budgie. The size is like the rainbow budgie on there and the colours are the same just not in the same spots. So go on the information that i have gave you and the size and blues and yellows by that then you should know what it is. Either rare or not. Oh and stacey101 is the yellow faced blue and the clear flight rare?
the picture has like 12 budgies on it ? im i seeing the wrong thing? :p :eek:
and nope not rare ;)

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
sounds like a yf2 recessive pied..and sorry but they arn't rare but are beautiful birds.
and pics has lots of budgies in it;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is like the one over their!

Ok, its the 4th one on the right hand side. It has that same blue on the belly and behind the wings. the colour is like that but the yellow is like this. Talk budgies!!! I can email pictures so if you want to private message me your email address I will send you a couple pictures of her and also of the boy normal green Peanut. OK? So just private message me your email addresses and then wait a while and you will have pictures of my beautiful budgie! speaking of beautiful budgies does anybody want to join my social group Beautiful Budgies?

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Emily, please take a picture of your actual budgie and post it here so everyone can see. That way no one needs to keep guessing, and they will be able to tell you quicker if it is rare! :D Thanks. :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
None of the budgies on the website you posted are rare

To identify a budgie's mutation we need pictures of your budgies not some that just look a bit like them. Although your descriptions are very good there are many budgie mutations that sound very similar when they are described

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok I will try again to post some pictures

ok I will Try again to post some pictures. I don't think that it will work though. but what the heck I'll give it a go.

It didn't work so can I please have your email please. I will private message some people who know about breeds and then I can email them pictures if you are really interested.

Signed,

Peanut.buddie01

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes!

Found out from the breeder yesterday that she took Buddie to a expert breeder before we got her and she said that he said that Buddie is a Yellow face breed! And apparently very rare! Your oppinions?:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.